Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Genuine Toyota Parking Sensors

Jamy197g

Hello everyone,

Ive just bougt a new set of parking sensors, part number is 08529-00841 from eBay. I say new which they are but think they were originally for a 99 shape Avensis.

Everything is in the pack unopened but im a little baffled on how to fit them correctly. Ive figured out that the main wiring loom connects to a control box and another little black round top box and the beeper, but what i cant figure out is why the wires to the sensors are labeled A,B,C,D...is there a certain way to fit these? The sensors dont come with any such labels on them. I dont want to fit them up and then to find ive "blown" a sensor?? Please help....

I couldn't find any specs but it shouldn't matter (AFAIK) as long as you use A-D for the rear sensors. E onwards (if available) are for front sensors.

I couldn't find any specs but it shouldn't matter (AFAIK) as long as you use A-D for the rear sensors. E onwards (if available) are for front sensors.

So it doesnt matter in what order they are on the rear bumper? I thought it may have been that A+B are for the corners and C+D for the inside ones or vice versa? Or that maybe they go inline a,b,c,d?

New ones are numbered and are fitted inline 1,2,3,4

Mart.

As long as you know which one goes where. If you suspect one is faulty you then know which to swap around at control box to check things out. Just as a matter of interest mine go left to right on rear bumper and control box.

As long as you know which one goes where. If you suspect one is faulty you then know which to swap around at control box to check things out. Just as a matter of interest mine go left to right on rear bumper and control box.

Thanks very Much Everyone. I will give them a go this weekend and post back my results.... :D

• 2 weeks later...
Jamy

Have a look at http://techdoc.toyota-europe.com/Aim.aspx?menuitem=2

You will find a manual there, how to fit a parking sensor (and many others)

The sensors are working fine in my Tspirit, maybe just a little bit too quiet.

Regards Tom

Havent got round to Fitting the sensors yet- Garage that were supposed to fit them let me down twice (local garage, obviously needed the manual)

Wilsonik, The information you ave given above is absolutely great- I didnt know these manuals existed. Thank You very Much. Ive also realised now that the sensors I have are for the Avensis Verso,

but i dont think this should matter much,

:D

I'm glad I could help.

Regards Tom

Tom,

Looking at the manual, I think the resonn why the beepers are quite is because they are located inside the NSR quarter..Might be an idea to re-locate them to under the Glove box if possible?

Ive also found (from the manual) that the addditional small box is the corner buzzer for the sensors...

If the weather stays dry Im gonna attempt fitting them myself now as ive got all the info i need....

I'm glad I could help.

Regards Tom

Tom,

How can you find anything about Avensis? it is not simply on the list of Models.

Do you have to subscribe to find the necessary information (provided that one finds where Avensis is) or is it available in the free downloads?

Thank you in advace!

Cheers.

John, no need to subscribe

Just click the link I gave and then click again on "SEARCH AIM" button and choose you model of toyota.

You must have "Adobe Reader" installed on your computer to read manuals. You can dwnload it from www.adobe.com

Enjoy

I'm glad I could help.

Regards Tom

Tom,

How can you find anything about Avensis? it is not simply on the list of Models.

Do you have to subscribe to find the necessary information (provided that one finds where Avensis is) or is it available in the free downloads?

Thank you in advace!

Cheers.

I'm glad I could help.

Regards Tom

Tom,

Looking at the manual, I think the resonn why the beepers are quite is because they are located inside the NSR quarter..Might be an idea to re-locate them to under the Glove box if possible?

Ive also found (from the manual) that the addditional small box is the corner buzzer for the sensors...

If the weather stays dry Im gonna attempt fitting them myself now as ive got all the info i need....

Don't really have enough time Jamy to relocate the beeper.

My sensors are factory fitted and comparing to my previous Laguna with factory fitted sensors, Toyota's are way too much sensitive. Especially the corner ones.

Regards Tom

• 3 months later...

Hi All,

Sorry about the late reply.

Had the sensors fitted by a garage and since it has a Toyota Tow bar, the inner 2 sensors have been disabled.

Works Wonders though. :D