Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yts Pi Springs

kebwob

I remember before the site crash that someone had some Pi springs on their YTS - any good? How much lower than TTE is that, then?

i had some PI ones although ive got TTE now.

they are as good as anything else and drop the car about 30mm

(they arnt on the car now cos i left em built up on the original car shocks when i fitted the konis)

:thumbsup:

Looking through my potn performance book. PI springs lower the car by 40mm and will set you back £101.87 for the t sport. And £98.78 for all other yaris models

jerry!!

• 3 weeks later...
30-40mm will give scrubbing problems on the stock wheels/tyres? Must be close...  :huh:

Hi kebwob

30mm drop is OK on standard wheels even 40mm would be OK i would have thought so. It's when you go for bigger wheels say 17" thats when you will have wheel scrubbing as you will have bigger tyres say 205/45/17. The rear wheel arches would have to be rolled.

Here's my car lowered 30mm on tte springs and they are fine with no scrubbing with standard wheels. The tyres are now bigger 195/50/15 instead of 185/55/15 :thumbsup:

luton_hoo.sized.jpg

jerry!!

Hi Jerry,

Ah, here we go with the TTE-springs-on-a-tsport thing again! Correct me if I'm wrong, but as TTE springs are meant for the standard yaris (gives them -30mm drop), they will only lower the Tsport (already -20mm) by -10mm. The 30-40mm the PIs will give the tsport is a whopping 50-60mm lower than the cooking models - something will scrub...

right im gonna do a write up to sort this once and for all!

just give me a min

right im gonna do a write up to sort this once and for all!

just give me a min

I glad you are going to do it mate :eek:

jerry!!

well its like ground hog day so im gonna write it up once and for all on what springs do what.

ill do it offf line so mite be a bit

Hi Jerry,

Ah, here we go with the TTE-springs-on-a-tsport thing again! Correct me if I'm wrong, but as TTE springs are meant for the standard yaris (gives them -30mm drop), they will only lower the Tsport (already -20mm) by -10mm. The 30-40mm the PIs will give the tsport is a whopping 50-60mm lower than the cooking models - something will scrub...

Hi keb wob

Forget about the t sport being 20mm lower that standard yaris. If i take 30mm springs and put them onto a car which is already 20mm lower. The new springs are going to lower car a further 30mm still not 10mm as you say.

Look Standard yaris t sport

juniors_car_5.jpg

After lowered 30mm look at the rear of the car

luton_hoo_6.sized.jpg

Here's a better picture look at ride height :thumbsup:

yaris_meet_19.sized.jpg

See 30mm drop not 10mm as you say!!

jerry!!

:thumbsup: looks good jerry how much are the tte springs ??

as i thought the yts came with them as standard <_<

and is fitting much or is it easy to do yourself :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: looks good jerry how much are the tte springs ??

as i thought the yts came with them as standard <_<

and is fitting much or is it easy to do yourself :thumbsup:

Hi acemiko

The TTE lowering springs will set you back £138. I had mine and my wife's fitted by the main dealer so you will be looking at around £250 to fit by dealer. Can do it yourself like surinder did. I wasn't brave enough to try that on my own.

I think the new look yaris t sport now comes with the springs but dont quote me on that.

jerry!!

:D mine is the 03 plate but it is no way as low as yours but i like the cost not to bad and if i dont have to get dirty all the better :D

:D thanx will look into it

;) sorry but also do you have problems with sleeping policeman ?

No not with my exhaust they always seem to wake up :P

No not a problem with them. The car still soaks up humps pretty good still :thumbsup:

jerry!!

to get the drop like on jerrys car people with standard yaris' will need -50mm springs.

YTS is 20 mm lower, + TTE springs = another 30mm = 50mm.

just to make it obvious to anyone who wanted to know :)

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to dig this post up from the past, but jerry... do you still have no rubbing problems wiv 4/5ppl in the car and/or a boot load of shopping? Just your rear wheels look to be getting very low after your sat in the car.

i believe fensport do 30mm t sport springs and 40mm standard yaris springs so it sugests there is only a 10mm difference,, but im not too sure

if there is a 20mm difference surely 30 mm t sport springs would be able to be sold as 50mm springs for a standard yaris?

this is a VERY black area and i dunno wot the truth is on this matter

Just think of it like this:

Yaris and Yaris T-Sport both have exactly the same springs. However! the T-Sport springs are attached to the car higher up, thus making the car look 20mm lower. So if you change the springs then they will still drop the car by exactly the same amount as any other Yaris. But! because the car looks lower to begin wiv, it'll look even lower than before (and thus lower then a standard Yaris).

Yaris 1.0 with 40mm lowering kit = 40mm lower

Yaris 1.5 TS with same 40mm lowering kit = 40mm lower

Yaris 1.0 with 40mm lowering kit = looks 20mm higher then Yaris 1.5 TS with same kit.

Yaris 1.5 TS with 40mm lowering kit = looks 20mm lower then Yaris 1.0 with same kit

Get it?

jerry your car look awsome!

Hi teck

Welcome to the club mate :group-cuddles: Thanks for the compliments about my car :thumbsup: Glad you like it mate.

jerry!!

that red car only loks so low cos he's in it. when he gets out it goes back to the standard ride hieght of the non tsports. hahahahahaa :P

[Liverpudlian accent] Calm down calm down aighasfgdf, now now [Liverpudlian accent off]

:boxing: :D

There's no way it can go back 2 standard ride height! Wait there, there's seven people in the car (look closely)

Bet u did an all!!!!!!

Fair do's nice car Jerry :thumbsup:

your car is f'ing gorgeous jerry... I love it :thumbsup:

subtly modded the way I like ;)

It doesn't shout out 'look at me i'm an attention seeker' but it gives enough 'my car is different to a standard Tsport' look.

excellent job m8, if I buy a Tsport that's how I will want it to look :yes:

:group-cuddles:

sam