Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Sr180 Diesel Tuning Chip

speedbird350

Sorry folks, I just got back into the country after being away a few days

Sorry if I seemed to have stirred up a hornets nest with you guys, but I have stated I WILL put up a specific dyno graph, WHEN I have a dyno to do it on

Beretta, I am not a technical guru, you may be, but I see no spikes on the RAV graph. I think I am in a better position as a reputable seller, to handle any queries or claims rather than some internet aucton site seller who could be here today and gone tomorrow

Kingo :thumbsup:

Actually I disagree , the dyno graph shows engine power , that would be the same regardless of the type of car the engine is in , yes power to the wheels may differ but if anything it would be higher on the Auris as its two wheel drive so less lost through the drivetrain.

You can see the graph in the other post and it doesn't look to have any spikes on it .

I am a completely non technical numpty who knows nothing about spikes etc, or dynographs, but i have to agree with the above, and if it helps, I am not in the pay or owe any allegiance to Kingo or lindop, but i had one of these "chips" fitted at lindop albeit to my 140 d4d rav 2yrs ago + i have had no problems whatsoever, the driving experience is a whole lot better (no idea of bhp) My car was 3mths old when i had it fitted, I do not remove it for servicing; mpg negligible difference, costs me about £50 extra on my insurance, + gives me lots of pleasure.. of course i know nothing about the T180 "Chip".. I looked at other makes but quite honestly I wanted it supplied + fitted by a Toyota dealer that knows the car, and its a decision i have not regretted, glad to answer any questions on my "chip" as long as they are not technical, as i haven't a clue, :thumbsup: Stew

I note that you say you wanted it supplied and fitted by a Toyota dealer who knows the car, but will that same Toyota dealer be prepared to do the warranty work without question, when, or if ,the engine/clutch or turbo let go as a result of the non-approved modification you now have on the car.

Also, as Toyota UK are known to read these pages, will they as a company, immediatly authorise warranty work of these type of amounts without inspection of the vehicle to find the cause, and if they find a modification of this type on a car still under warranty, I cannot, and will not, believe that they will authorise a new engine, clutch or turbo.

Nobody is slagging off the chip from Kingo, as they might be very good, all anyone is asking for is a dyno on the car it is being sold for, but as I have stated in another post, this is something that is not going to happen, so if anyone is going to buy one for the T/SR 180, then I wish them all the best and I hope it works out well for them, I for one, will not until I see some proof.

Perhaps the problem is that I am technical?

You say you are technical and you are just gonna have yours re-mapped so you can have it mapped exactly as you want , well sorry to burst your bubble but if you were technical you would know that Japanese cars with Denso ECU's cannot be re-mapped , plug in chips are the only way of tuning them , also I read in another post that Toyota in Australia won't even cover warranty on their own TTE chip which costs nearly £1000 !!

Kingo has stated that they have sold these units for years and many on this site have testified to having them fitted for years with no issues , thats good enough for me and most others it seems , stop going over the same rhetorical gibberish , if you don't want one then don't buy one !

Just to put you straight, please read the post, and you will see that I state that I will look to getting the ECU modified, and if you read earlier posts you will be amazed to see that I state that Richard Washbrook of Orscarli, who are one of the best diesel mappers in the country has already stated that he can alter the map without problem once the software is available to enter the ECU, and I have to ask, do you really think that nobody will ever be able to beat the software, come on its only a matter of time.

VAG said the same years ago, and now we are working on VAG engines and producing over 450 bhp without problems via the ECU, but obviously the clutch etc have been uprated.

Gibberish, I dont think so, but I will bow to your superior mechanical knowledge and obvious motor trade and tuning experience.

Please do not bother to reply, as this thread is becoming gyratory, and those who have just asked for a simple dyno graph are classed as lepers.

he can alter the map without problem once the software is available to enter the ECU,

Hmmmm nuff said........ONCE it is available......D4D has been around for years and NOBODY has cracked a Denso ECU yet

I wont be holding my breath then

those who have just asked for a simple dyno graph are classed as lepers.

Don't be so childish.....I have never said anything of the sort and have clearly stated I will post up a specific dyno graph as soon as we have the equipment installed in a few weeks time

LOL This thread makes me laugh.

Model Engine Original PS Performance PS Original Torque Performance Torque Dyno Graph

Yaris 1.4d-4d 75 95 170 213 Not available

That famous richard wishywashy can't even provide dyno graphs. :rolleyes:

:D

Isn't the turque/power graphs the same in both the auris, avensis, rav4 brochures? Because they all use the same engine? Or is that false advertising because of the transmission loss? Or am I missing the point. I read everything that was said, and I'm still confused by these discrepencies.

I want Excel graphs to proove the above points.

Get to it.

/hmm this looks a little thick I'd better get a bigger spoon.... :D :lol: :lol:

Ive retired for the weekend.........Carry on :lol:

All we asked for was dyno, not the crown jewels, so before anyone else throws their toys out the pram, lets all agree to disagree, and wait for the dyno, as and when Kingo gets one fitted.

Having spoken to Kingo (enjoy your break) on the phone he understands more than most why I have asked for the dyno.

So peace and quiet until it arrives.

No no no, I think it's you that doesn't understand why I need the excel graphs. :lol:

I note that you say you wanted it supplied and fitted by a Toyota dealer who knows the car, but will that same Toyota dealer be prepared to do the warranty work without question, when, or if ,the engine/clutch or turbo let go as a result of the non-approved modification you now have on the car.

Also, as Toyota UK are known to read these pages, will they as a company, immediatly authorise warranty work of these type of amounts without inspection of the vehicle to find the cause, and if they find a modification of this type on a car still under warranty, I cannot, and will not, believe that they will authorise a new engine, clutch or turbo.

Quite frankly in answer to the above, I have just had my car serviced 20000, ecu upgrade + brakes re-skimmed, the last two under warranty + no one said, we wont re- skim your brakes because you are using them more because of your "chip" neither to the best of my knowledge did the young techy contact the Toyota police to grass me up for having a "chipped" car :ph34r: Please don't think i am trying to be clever or flippant but these "chips" are a lot more common + accepted than you think, If i tell you, the day i bought my car i sat down with the salesman + service manager and discussed the idea of fitting a "chip" they told me that their cars a Hilux + t180 rav + another salesmans car were all chipped, the T180 also had a tte exhaust incidently, Please bare in mind these were all company cars which 6mths later would be returned to standard + then sold on the forecourt complete with the remaining 30 mths warranty + the new owners, along with Toyota UK would be oblivious to the fact they were ever "chipped"in the first place.. I repeat I am not trying to sell these to you, just giving my honest opinion, personally the fewer who fit these the better, it just makes mine more unique..Stew :thumbsup:

P.S. whilst waiting for my rav to be serviced, I had a look on Toyotas own website where their was mention of a concept Rav 4 sport with a 205bhp 450nm engine.. Mmmmm I wonder how they have achieved that.. :rolleyes:

Quite frankly in answer to the above, I have just had my car serviced 20000, ecu upgrade + brakes re-skimmed, the last two under warranty + no one said, we wont re- skim your brakes because you are using them more because of your "chip" neither to the best of my knowledge did the young techy contact the Toyota police to grass me up for having a "chipped" car :ph34r: Please don't think i am trying to be clever or flippant but these "chips" are a lot more common + accepted than you think, If i tell you, the day i bought my car i sat down with the salesman + service manager and discussed the idea of fitting a "chip" they told me that their cars a Hilux + t180 rav + another salesmans car were all chipped, the T180 also had a tte exhaust incidently, Please bare in mind these were all company cars which 6mths later would be returned to standard + then sold on the forecourt complete with the remaining 30 mths warranty + the new owners, along with Toyota UK would be oblivious to the fact they were ever "chipped"in the first place.. I repeat I am not trying to sell these to you, just giving my honest opinion, personally the fewer who fit these the better, it just makes mine more unique..Stew :thumbsup:

P.S. whilst waiting for my rav to be serviced, I had a look on Toyotas own website where their was mention of a concept Rav 4 sport with a 205bhp 450nm engine.. Mmmmm I wonder how they have achieved that.. :rolleyes:

At no time have I ever, or would I ever suggest that if the brakes failed as a result of an aftermarket chip being fitted they would refuse the warrant, but if the engine/ clutch or anything affected by the aftermarket chip failed then it would be a different story, and I have to ask if, if you now ask the sales manager + salesman you refer to, if they will give you a written warranty that they had knowingly fitted the chip and would honour the full Toyota warranty in the event of major failure, and I will have a bet that they will not, and I can assure you I am well aware of chipping/mapping.

To clarify a point, all myself and another forum member have ever asked for is a dyno graph of the chip on the vehicle it is being sold for, this is to show the relevant power and torque curves, so that I can make an educated opinion as to how it altered the way the power was delivered and how the lb ft torque curve was altered and to see how the power at the wheels was altered, and if it suited my style of driving. "THATS ALL".

The reason I have asked about transmission losses, is that as we all know the losses on a 4X4 are greater than a car such as a Auris, and this in turn affects the wheel power, hence an Auris should have greater power at the wheels than say a Rav4, Hilux ect and to say as others have, that as this engine is fitted at loads of different Toyota models they will all show the same power at the wheels figures, is open to debate.

As for Toyota showing a Rav4 with those figures, great, and about time they offered this to us all, for if they have fitted it and shown it, then they will warranty it.

Hi Beretta I didnt think you Auris guys would appreciate a Rav article on your forum but here is the link to the rav concept at the geneva motorshow if you read the article they have added better airflow + upgraded brakes but at least it should give you confidence to know Toyota themseves are happy to go to 204bhp +450 nm of torque.. http://www.netcarshow.com/toyota/2006-rav4_sports_concept/ Stew

• 3 years later...

anyone selling a second hand tuning box in manchester? please private message me. :)

• 4 months later...

Anyone got any more up to date news on tuning boxes then, now the 2.2 D-Cat is a little longer in the tooth...

Anyone report back to us on confirmed BHP figures... how the car's faired over 1-2 years of it's higher state of tune. I'm interested in this because, whilst the standard power on these diesels is good 200+ would be almost unrivalled in a diesel hatch in this price bracket.

I had a modified Fabia vRS before that run a lot of power but it had significantly more modifications than just a remap. I haven't got that kind of money to waste anymore (I still lived at home back then!) but a £400 investment to get 200bhp+ reliably is money well spent IMO.

I tried a TDI-Tuning box with 32 levels of tune. It came supplied on the recommended setting of '11', but not feeling much of a difference I tried it on 15. Too much apparently, as the regeneration started going overtime & kicked soot out the rear ! So I moved it back down to level 13 & all was fine. I also had it dyno'd at that setting & the results were a bit disappointing - 148 bhp @ the wheels & 277 lbs'/ft of torque. Not bad figs, but less than they claimed. The flywheel fig of 180 bhp was more indicative of what a standard SR180 in good running state should be able to achieve. But I'd be willing to bet there are very few 2.2 D-CAT's out there running at 'full power', especially in standard tune. MPG improved by approx 2 MPG overall, again less than TDI claim. I'm sure you could improve power output by changing the settings, but at what long term cost ? If it's kicking out crud on Level 15, what's Level 30 going to do ? Kill the DPF ? Destroy the DMF ? Hmmmm .....

The benefits then ?

1. Smoother running & acceleration (less lag too).

2. Slightly better MPG when driving 'normally'.

3. A real improvement in mid-range response & acceleration - overtaking is even easier.

Cost to buy ? £280 with a 1 yr guarantee.

Value for money ? Yes & no. Not as good as claimed but you can feel the difference.

Was the soot black smoke or was it actually from the regen. Most mapped or tunning boxed tdis smoke like mad on the turbo. I had a Astra 1.9 that kicked out loads of smoke. Was really quick tho and it's considered normal.

Was the soot black smoke or was it actually from the regen. Most mapped or tunning boxed tdis smoke like mad on the turbo. I had a Astra 1.9 that kicked out loads of smoke. Was really quick tho and it's considered normal.

Not according to the instructions from TDI - it actually states 'some cars may begin to smoke or encourage extra regeneration cycles. In this instance, reduce the level setting to stop this happening & reduce the risk of long term damage' (or words to that effect).

Oh right. Strange. When I spoke to dtuk and shark performance they said smoke on the turbo is fine but if it's constant then it's over fueling.

Cheap and cheeful boxes smoke like that because all they do is fool the ECU into thinking the engine is running colder than it is, this causes overfuelling and long term damage. Our kits do not do this, but with any re-map or tuning box, in order to make the car go quicker, it has to inject more fuel and this can cause some black smoke when driven hard. Under normal circumstances you don't get clouds of black smoke from a decent kit

Uncle Buck mentions not many T180 will pull 180 BHP, well I can tell you, not one I have dyno'd has been anywhere near the 177 they are supposed to be, more like 168, but AFTER fitting one of our boxes I have seen them produce 201 BHP. This tends to be a bit uncomfortable as the power is either on or off and not nice to drive, we turn the power down a bit and have them at a true 190 ish. All cars are different and no two cars the same but 190 ish is the norm with our boxes

• Like 1

Yh the boxes from dtuk only smoke all the time if u have turned it up too much. There figures are pretty accurate too. My Astra was running 198bhp with the tuning box. How much is the box you are on about? The bhp seems pretty low. What sort of torque does it kick out?

Been running Lindop tuning box on my SR180 for around 8 months now on the recommended setting 6 and no hint of black smoke even when ragging the nuts of it....Not sure what the BHP is, but the box certainly increased and smoothed out the power delivery especially in the low down and mid rev range. I think 'my old mans Auris' surprises a lot of other drivers on the daily commute, its not the fastest, but its certainly not the slowest.

i'll also add the after sales advice and service at Lindop (Kingo) is top notch.

Cheap and cheeful boxes smoke like that because all they do is fool the ECU into thinking the engine is running colder than it is, this causes overfuelling and long term damage. Our kits do not do this, but with any re-map or tuning box, in order to make the car go quicker, it has to inject more fuel and this can cause some black smoke when driven hard. Under normal circumstances you don't get clouds of black smoke from a decent kit

Uncle Buck mentions not many T180 will pull 180 BHP, well I can tell you, not one I have dyno'd has been anywhere near the 177 they are supposed to be, more like 168, but AFTER fitting one of our boxes I have seen them produce 201 BHP. This tends to be a bit uncomfortable as the power is either on or off and not nice to drive, we turn the power down a bit and have them at a true 190 ish. All cars are different and no two cars the same but 190 ish is the norm with our boxes

Kingo - are yours an actual ECU re-map chip then? Im with you on the tunit boxes...overfuelling and over-fooling the engine isnt a great idea. On other cars I have used Superchips. A proper ECU re-map is better. Noone I know is doing that for the 2.2diesel from Toyota...are you?

The D4D engines CANNOT be re-mapped, the only way to go is with a piggy back tuning box, it's just some are rubbish (The ones sold on auction sites that are made in the far east-although you wont be told that) and the quality ones made in Europe, usually Germany where ours are made

The T180 engine is a bit tricky to chip too, ours work very well, they should not churn out black smoke unless you really gun it, then you might get a puff of it

The D4D engines CANNOT be re-mapped, the only way to go is with a piggy back tuning box, it's just some are rubbish (The ones sold on auction sites that are made in the far east-although you wont be told that) and the quality ones made in Europe, usually Germany where ours are made

The T180 engine is a bit tricky to chip too, ours work very well, they should not churn out black smoke unless you really gun it, then you might get a puff of it

How much is this box u sell? Also a different topic but do u sell a rear toyota badge/emblem as I want to spray one black to match my front but don't want to use the original and !Removed! about with sticky taping it back on lol!

Cheers

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links