Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris Sr180 Diesel Tuning Chip

speedbird350

Didnt run against another Toyota at all, there was a MR2 there but never came up against it. There was everything from a 1.4 Leon to a 12 second Corsa and everything in between!

• 2 weeks later...

So is everyone's chipped engines still ok?

Don't think many of us have it chipped yet Johan.

A few avensis owners have reported no problems in over a year.

Funny you should say that. Had been thinking about it cos I often do 2nd gear starts in traffic thanks to the very very short 1st gear.

B)

• 5 weeks later...

Has anyone actually fitted a chip tuner to a 180 yet? I have seen the German product and it looks imprssive results wise but I still have concerns over the reliability of the engine when it is working that much harder? Parts KIng says that they are still waiting to trial a chip, unfortuantely it costs about 3 times the price of the German item.

Any information from anyone who has fitted a chip to a 180 much appreciated !!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone actually fitted a chip tuner to a 180 yet? I have seen the German product and it looks imprssive results wise but I still have concerns over the reliability of the engine when it is working that much harder? Parts KIng says that they are still waiting to trial a chip, unfortuantely it costs about 3 times the price of the German item.

Any information from anyone who has fitted a chip to a 180 much appreciated !!!!!

Iam interested in this aswell,Kingo is there any word on your chip?

Hi.

My first post here. I'm from norway. My english is poor :(

I have a black 2007 Auris X 180 hp ( here in norway we call the 180 hp, X). The car has gone total 58 000 km, and I installed a chip a year ago @ 40 000 km. Bought the chip from a Danish tuning company. 177 hp -> 215 hp 500 nm. Very satisfied, no problems at all. Diesel consumption went from 7 litres pr 10 km to 5,5 litres pr 10 km. Much more power in 3rd, 4th, ,5th and 6th gear.

I'll post some pics later.

Hi.

My first post here. I'm from norway. My english is poor :(

I have a black 2007 Auris X 180 hp ( here in norway we call the 180 hp, X). The car has gone total 58 000 km, and I installed a chip a year ago @ 40 000 km. Bought the chip from a Danish tuning company. 177 hp -> 215 hp 500 nm. Very satisfied, no problems at all. Diesel consumption went from 7 litres pr 10 km to 5,5 litres pr 10 km. Much more power in 3rd, 4th, ,5th and 6th gear.

I'll post some pics later.

Didn't have any photos on this computer, except a really crappy one..

... this is what happens if you hit a raindeer in 120 km't (75 mph) .. (The car is fully fixed now :))

DSC00038.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Do you no the name of the chip fitted?

I'll check next time I open the hood :) Bought the chip from a localtuningshop here in norway, they chip alot of Toyotas D4D - diesels. Most hilux and Hiace's, he said they had never chiped an 2,2 D-CAT before, mine was first! :) But hey, Its a toyota, what could possibly go wrong ?! :)

We have trialled a chip kit on one of our cars for over a month, no problems, and goes VERY well indeed. As mentioned before, buy one from me and you get a 14 DAY MONEY BACK offer from me, if you dont think its any good, send it back for a FULL refund, dont think I could be any fairer than that!, the kit makes a real difference

Kingo :thumbsup:

We have trialled a chip kit on one of our cars for over a month, no problems, and goes VERY well indeed. As mentioned before, buy one from me and you get a 14 DAY MONEY BACK offer from me, if you dont think its any good, send it back for a FULL refund, dont think I could be any fairer than that!, the kit makes a real difference

If as you say you have one of these kits on one of your cars, and I assume its either a T180, or SR180, why not get it onto some decent rollers and get a dyno graph to prove the figures you are quoting, otherwise without anything to back up your claims, people will obviously be dubious and loathe to spend that sort of money on something without any proof of what is claimed.

Whilst I appreciate you offer a fourteen day refund, surely it would be easier to get a dyno graph and let us all see the figures, BHP and LB FT torque you claim, and also how the chip alters where and how the power comes in, and for how long it holds it?

Our Motorsport division are moving into a new unit within the next 6 weeks, and part of that process will include having their own Dyno machine. I will post up a specific dyno graph as and when I can, but to be perfectly honest with you Beretta, the proof of the pudding is in the eating, no amount of graphs or technical data will convince people these tuning boxes are any good, you need to fit one and try it on your own car. Those that have bought a kit from me know they work and work well, adding a torque curve graph will go right over the head of most motorists who just want to know what extra power they can get out of their car

MERESIDE'S TESTIMONIAL Post number 21

Our Motorsport division are moving into a new unit within the next 6 weeks, and part of that process will include having their own Dyno machine. I will post up a specific dyno graph as and when I can, but to be perfectly honest with you Beretta, the proof of the pudding is in the eating, no amount of graphs or technical data will convince people these tuning boxes are any good, you need to fit one and try it on your own car. Those that have bought a kit from me know they work and work well, adding a torque curve graph will go right over the head of most motorists who just want to know what extra power they can get out of their car

Having been involved in highly tuned VAG cars for many years I am well aware that bhp figures are pub talk, and if you read my comments properly, they ask as to where the power now comes in and for how long it is held, as I for one do not want to alter the torque of the car to an extent where is all in one place and then drops off to nothing, and having spent more time than enough on rolling roads to get the correct afr and other figures etc for correct performance, I can assure you I am interested in dyno graphs, and it will not go over my head as you seem to imply?

As explained above the torque curve on a diesel is important, and I would jusy like to see how your box alters it, and does it induce bad power spikes, which again can blow a turbo?

Time and time again I have seen people claim that they have had their car chipped and it is so much faster with more power and torque, only to find that when put on rollers there are massive spikes on the map, and these are just altering the power delivery to dangerous levels for the turbo, it gives a massive power boost then drops to nothing, hence the request for a dyno to see the difference yours makes.

Also what is the torque figure, as time and time again I see people loading up the torque with chips or mapping, only to see the clutch unable to cope due to the extra load, and slipping or disintegrating within weeks of the fitment.

Whilst you state that we should buy your box, sorry, but until I see a dyno from reliable rollers, then the claims you make that yours is superior to all the others and will make figures that the others cannot, including the e-bay ones is no different to their unproven claims, also if you look in the e-bay feed back for any of the boxes, there you will also see testimonials for their products.

All any of us are asking for is some evidence that it does what you say it will , and in view of the price asked, is that too much to ask for?

Having been involved in highly tuned VAG cars for many years I am well aware that bhp figures are pub talk, and if you read my comments properly, they ask as to where the power now comes in and for how long it is held, as I for one do not want to alter the torque of the car to an extent where is all in one place and then drops off to nothing, and having spent more time than enough on rolling roads to get the correct afr and other figures etc for correct performance, I can assure you I am interested in dyno graphs, and it will not go over my head as you seem to imply?

As explained above the torque curve on a diesel is important, and I would jusy like to see how your box alters it, and does it induce bad power spikes, which again can blow a turbo?

Time and time again I have seen people claim that they have had their car chipped and it is so much faster with more power and torque, only to find that when put on rollers there are massive spikes on the map, and these are just altering the power delivery to dangerous levels for the turbo, it gives a massive power boost then drops to nothing, hence the request for a dyno to see the difference yours makes.

Also what is the torque figure, as time and time again I see people loading up the torque with chips or mapping, only to see the clutch unable to cope due to the extra load, and slipping or disintegrating within weeks of the fitment.

Whilst you state that we should buy your box, sorry, but until I see a dyno from reliable rollers, then the claims you make that yours is superior to all the others and will make figures that the others cannot, including the e-bay ones is no different to their unproven claims, also if you look in the e-bay feed back for any of the boxes, there you will also see testimonials for their products.

All any of us are asking for is some evidence that it does what you say it will , and in view of the price asked, is that too much to ask for?

Beretta

I think he posted the dyno here:

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...t=0&start=0

Thats a dyno for a RAV 4

They are both the same engine.

Thats a dyno for a RAV 4

They are both the same engine.

With totally different transmission losses etc, you cannot do a dyno test on a Rav 4/ 4X4, and expect the same figures to be comparable to the T/SR180.

Also if you read my post fully, you will see the reasons I am asking for a dyno plot, as I would like to see if any spikes are present that could cause turbo problems?

If, as they say, they have the chip on a T180 or SR180, then all we are asking for is a dyno of it on the car before forking out nearly £400 on an unseen and unproven item.

How long would it take to get the car to a decent set of rollers in his area, and for around £35 they would have the dyno print that several of us are asking to see before ordering, but for some reason or another, this does not seem to be appearing, which I think is strange, for if someone wants to sell an item, this would add to its saleability.

The RR dyno shown for the Rav 4 is also on rollers in Germany, and as there are loads of reliable rollers in this country, why not put the T180/SR180 on one of them?

It's hardly rocket science.

Actually I disagree , the dyno graph shows engine power , that would be the same regardless of the type of car the engine is in , yes power to the wheels may differ but if anything it would be higher on the Auris as its two wheel drive so less lost through the drivetrain.

You can see the graph in the other post and it doesn't look to have any spikes on it .

Actually I disagree , the dyno graph shows engine power , that would be the same regardless of the type of car the engine is in , yes power to the wheels may differ but if anything it would be higher on the Auris as its two wheel drive so less lost through the drivetrain.

You can see the graph in the other post and it doesn't look to have any spikes on it .

I am a completely non technical numpty who knows nothing about spikes etc, or dynographs, but i have to agree with the above, and if it helps, I am not in the pay or owe any allegiance to Kingo or lindop, but i had one of these "chips" fitted at lindop albeit to my 140 d4d rav 2yrs ago + i have had no problems whatsoever, the driving experience is a whole lot better (no idea of bhp) My car was 3mths old when i had it fitted, I do not remove it for servicing; mpg negligible difference, costs me about £50 extra on my insurance, + gives me lots of pleasure.. of course i know nothing about the T180 "Chip".. I looked at other makes but quite honestly I wanted it supplied + fitted by a Toyota dealer that knows the car, and its a decision i have not regretted, glad to answer any questions on my "chip" as long as they are not technical, as i haven't a clue, :thumbsup: Stew

When I bought my wife her T180 Rav I did'nt ask Toyota for a graph to prove it was 180bhp , I guess there are times when you are buying from a reputable source you have to have some trust , I have one fitted and its fantastic , I don't need a graph I know by the way it drives.

When I bought my wife her T180 Rav I did'nt ask Toyota for a graph to prove it was 180bhp , I guess there are times when you are buying from a reputable source you have to have some trust , I bought a kit from Kingo for it and it was fantastic , I don't need a graph I know by the way it drives.

You did not have to ask for a dyno from Toyota, for if you look in the brochure from them there is a basic dyno plot for the Auris there for all to see, and yes Toyota are a reputable scource with a proven track record, but as yet the chip/box is an unknown item.

Also one of the members on here has had his SR 180 on rollers, and it made around Toyota's stated figures, so some kind of proof of Toyota's claims.

You might know the way it drives, but do you know what the engine/turbo etc are having to do to get those results?

In the case of this tuning box, all anyone is asking for is some kind of evidence to substanciate his earlier claims, the tuning boxes might be great, but without any evidence, they are not proven?

Can you tell me the LB FT torque figures with this chip fitted, and will the standard clutch take the extra torque without either slipping or disintegrating, this is a very valid point and if the map is altered by the chip to throw shed loads of torque in, then the clutch will be the first thing to let go, followed by the turbo, and as neither of these two items are cheap to replace, I would like to see the plot before fitting the box?

To bring this to an end, as Illegalhunter and I have obviously asked for something that is obviously not going to be shown by the seller, I will pass on the item and look elsewhere to get the ECU modified, that way I can modify parts of the map that I want to, without the possiblity of damage to the engine.

I am a completely non technical numpty who knows nothing about spikes etc, or dynographs, but i have to agree with the above, and if it helps, I am not in the pay or owe any allegiance to Kingo or lindop, but i had one of these "chips" fitted at lindop albeit to my 140 d4d rav 2yrs ago + i have had no problems whatsoever, the driving experience is a whole lot better (no idea of bhp) My car was 3mths old when i had it fitted, I do not remove it for servicing; mpg negligible difference, costs me about £50 extra on my insurance, + gives me lots of pleasure.. of course i know nothing about the T180 "Chip".. I looked at other makes but quite honestly I wanted it supplied + fitted by a Toyota dealer that knows the car, and its a decision i have not regretted, glad to answer any questions on my "chip" as long as they are not technical, as i haven't a clue, :thumbsup: Stew

I note that you say you wanted it supplied and fitted by a Toyota dealer who knows the car, but will that same Toyota dealer be prepared to do the warranty work without question, when, or if ,the engine/clutch or turbo let go as a result of the non-approved modification you now have on the car.

Also, as Toyota UK are known to read these pages, will they as a company, immediatly authorise warranty work of these type of amounts without inspection of the vehicle to find the cause, and if they find a modification of this type on a car still under warranty, I cannot, and will not, believe that they will authorise a new engine, clutch or turbo.

Nobody is slagging off the chip from Kingo, as they might be very good, all anyone is asking for is a dyno on the car it is being sold for, but as I have stated in another post, this is something that is not going to happen, so if anyone is going to buy one for the T/SR 180, then I wish them all the best and I hope it works out well for them, I for one, will not until I see some proof.

Perhaps the problem is that I am technical?

When I bought my wife her T180 Rav I did'nt ask Toyota for a graph to prove it was 180bhp , I guess there are times when you are buying from a reputable source you have to have some trust , I bought a kit from Kingo for it and it was fantastic , I don't need a graph I know by the way it drives.

You did not have to ask for a dyno from Toyota, for if you look in the brochure from them there is a basic dyno plot for the Auris there for all to see, and yes Toyota are a reputable scource with a proven track record, but as yet the chip/box is an unknown item.

Also one of the members on here has had his SR 180 on rollers, and it made around Toyota's stated figures, so some kind of proof of Toyota's claims.

You might know the way it drives, but do you know what the engine/turbo etc are having to do to get those results?

In the case of this tuning box, all anyone is asking for is some kind of evidence to substanciate his earlier claims, the tuning boxes might be great, but without any evidence, they are not proven?

Can you tell me the LB FT torque figures with this chip fitted, and will the standard clutch take the extra torque without either slipping or disintegrating, this is a very valid point and if the map is altered by the chip to throw shed loads of torque in, then the clutch will be the first thing to let go, followed by the turbo, and as neither of these two items are cheap to replace, I would like to see the plot before fitting the box?

To bring this to an end, as Illegalhunter and I have obviously asked for something that is obviously not going to be shown by the seller, I will pass on the item and look elsewhere to get the ECU modified, that way I can modify parts of the map that I want to, without the possiblity of damage to the engine.

I think you'll find the basic dyno graph shown in the Toyota brochures is for the engine type not each individual model , the torque in Lb/Ft is easy to calcualte 61NM is 45 Lb/Ft you can do this calculation on Google easily. Will the standard clutch take it ? Come on , do you think they are out selling these to land themselves with a pile of blown clutches and turbos ? Catch a grip !He stated in a previous post that the power was reduced from 104.5NM shown on the graph to 60NM to avoid exactly this ! He (Kingo) has supplied a graph for a Rav T180 , there are no 'spikes' in the power , the torque curve is even , our Rav T180 drives really smooth , no sudden surges , its smoother than it was standard. A graph of engine power for the Auris should not be any different .

Kingo has also pointed out that they are installing rollers in their new motorsport premises and he will dyno their Auris in a few weeks , besides that he offers 14day money back if your not satisfied , take your own car to the dyno and if not satisfied send it back for a refund , its hardly rocket science as you put it !!

I note that you say you wanted it supplied and fitted by a Toyota dealer who knows the car, but will that same Toyota dealer be prepared to do the warranty work without question, when, or if ,the engine/clutch or turbo let go as a result of the non-approved modification you now have on the car.

Also, as Toyota UK are known to read these pages, will they as a company, immediatly authorise warranty work of these type of amounts without inspection of the vehicle to find the cause, and if they find a modification of this type on a car still under warranty, I cannot, and will not, believe that they will authorise a new engine, clutch or turbo.

Nobody is slagging off the chip from Kingo, as they might be very good, all anyone is asking for is a dyno on the car it is being sold for, but as I have stated in another post, this is something that is not going to happen, so if anyone is going to buy one for the T/SR 180, then I wish them all the best and I hope it works out well for them, I for one, will not until I see some proof.

Perhaps the problem is that I am technical?

You say you are technical and you are just gonna have yours re-mapped so you can have it mapped exactly as you want , well sorry to burst your bubble but if you were technical you would know that Japanese cars with Denso ECU's cannot be re-mapped , plug in chips are the only way of tuning them , also I read in another post that Toyota in Australia won't even cover warranty on their own TTE chip which costs nearly £1000 !!

Kingo has stated that they have sold these units for years and many on this site have testified to having them fitted for years with no issues , thats good enough for me and most others it seems , stop going over the same rhetorical gibberish , if you don't want one then don't buy one !