Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Starlet stuff...

Chris B

Hi peeps,

I'm new to here so hi all... :D

I own a Starlet SR (EP91) with the full TTE accessories on (spoiler, exhaust, springs etc) and I want more body kit. I found a Mitsubishi Evo IV front end for it at two UK located shops and both had gone into liquidation before I got chance to buy them :o. Then found a place in Japan (Takakaira Inc) where I bought some EP91 eyelids for the headlights only to find they are too big. Does anyone know of anywhere I can get starlet bodykits in the UK. All the other places seem to be in Australia or New Zeland. Also I have a request. Anybody out there that has replaced their standard Starlet SR exhaust (The 4" chrome one with TTE etched into it) and has it laying around gathering dust, would you be interested in selling it as I want to make a twin exhaust conversion for me little Starlet. Will post full specs and photos in near future.

Thanx in advance...

Chris B

• 4 weeks later...

If you are or know anyone good with fibre glass you can buy a vauxhall corsa body kit for it and all you need to do is modify the front bumper mountings... the side skirts fit and the rear bumper I'm not sure what needs to be done at most will be to move the mounts again. For the exhaust your better getting an 2 old ones and cleaning the ends then cut them and get powerflow to make the exhaust any toyota garage that you ask nicley may have one knocking about.

• 2 weeks later...

i drive a EP-91 with a body kit! all the parts i used came from other cars and had made cut/extended to fit! if the body shop know what they're doing, it shouldnt be a problem at all. it took the body shop i used about one week to cut/extend, fit and sprayed. and the owner of the body shop worked by himself!

Like Gordy said, anyone good with fibre glass can modify your body work! as long as you can live without your car for a while, not alot is impossible with body work. thats what the guy from the body shop told me anyway!!! lol

• 2 months later...

in my opinion, the best thing for the ep91 is the glanza bodykit. i didn't want it myself but then a pajero landed on my hood and since i was going for repairs i put on a full glanza bodykit (except the sideskirts which are hard to find).

one thing that is important is that toyota's bumpers are pretty flexible. the truth is , all the junkies parking near your ride are @#$^%@%$@^ holes. if you have a fibreglass bumper they might crack it and....you know. all the scraches on my car have been done by others(including the slash running from the door to the boot.

greetings from the starlet club of greece! www.starlet-club.gr :ph34r:

• 2 years later...

i drive a EP-91 with a body kit! all the parts i used came from other cars and had made cut/extended to fit! if the body shop know what they're doing, it shouldnt be a problem at all. it took the body shop i used about one week to cut/extend, fit and sprayed. and the owner of the body shop worked by himself!

so it doesnt fit exactly and also does anyone know how much toyota would charge for a glanza kit all brand new like every part needed including lights. only exterior though!

loads mate. i was quoted £500 for the bare front bumper. not painted and with no fog lights. the lights are about £75 but the bonnet and sideskirts are not cheap either. some one i spoke to recently said that some of the glanza stuff has been discontinued.

Rich.

My friend found a aftermarket front bumper aff a GT Turbo in a ditch which is now being preped for my EP91.

Chop chop chop lad its the only way. Merseyspeed do Evo VI front aprons for 106 and saxos. Might be on the right sort of scale to fit AND look right.

what a lucky bugger. ive found a fiesta front grille on a roundabout once (when i had a festa) that came in handy when i had a go at meshing it!

if your gonna put a kit on your car please dont chav it up too much! its just sad

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links