Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Body-kits For The Gti-16

KPARRIS-JONES

Does anyone here know where I can purchase a body-kit for the 1989 Corolla GTI-16?

I've been searching for weeks and no-one seems to sell them. :crybaby: If anyone finds anything please tell me! If I can't find anything by the end of this year, I'm going to have to make my own body-kit which will take ages. :yawn::eek:

Thanks

Does anyone here know where I can purchase a body-kit for the 1989 Corolla GTI-16?

I've been searching for weeks and no-one seems to sell them. :crybaby: If anyone finds anything please tell me! If I can't find anything by the end of this year, I'm going to have to make my own body-kit which will take ages. :yawn::eek:

Thanks

try looking up pakfeifer on google for sum more than subtle ideas!

post-49292-1225236049_thumb.jpg

What's wrong with the kit they put on in the factory? Those side skirts and boot lid spoiler look absolutely the beez kneez!!!

I dont get all this low slung combat splitter wide arch roof vent stylee malarky. I hope you dont spoil ya motor by making it look like a dropped Corsa running 22's..

Sometimes 'subtle' is far more effective, than 'in yer face'.

The GTi has flared front arches, they are wider than the standard ones fitted to Gl and other models, added to the rest of the look it all adds up. By the sum of the parts being greater than the individual items. I mean, that boot-lid spoiler. It aint huge, but with the rest of the stuff. In my opinion. Altogether. It look's great!!

There used to be a kit called the X-pack. For Ford Capri's.(Humour me a minute!).. And of course you could get bubble arches for your Ford, but what looked the best, was when fitters put on one kit, and then promptly fitted the same kit again. I.e. The double x-pack, or double bubble arches. I even remember people doing triple x-pack!!

Just an idea.... Why not fit another set of standard GTi kit, over the original?? B)

What's wrong with the kit they put on in the factory? Those side skirts and boot lid spoiler look absolutely the beez kneez!!!

I dont get all this low slung combat splitter wide arch roof vent stylee malarky. I hope you dont spoil ya motor by making it look like a dropped Corsa running 22's..

Sometimes 'subtle' is far more effective, than 'in yer face'.

The GTi has flared front arches, they are wider than the standard ones fitted to Gl and other models, added to the rest of the look it all adds up. By the sum of the parts being greater than the individual items. I mean, that boot-lid spoiler. It aint huge, but with the rest of the stuff. In my opinion. Altogether. It look's great!!

There used to be a kit called the X-pack. For Ford Capri's.(Humour me a minute!).. And of course you could get bubble arches for your Ford, but what looked the best, was when fitters put on one kit, and then promptly fitted the same kit again. I.e. The double x-pack, or double bubble arches. I even remember people doing triple x-pack!!

Just an idea.... Why not fit another set of standard GTi kit, over the original?? B)

I do see what your getting at. I wasn't going to go mad anyway. :rolleyes:

I've pretty much decided to keep the standard body kit but to cut out some of the centre parts, smooth them over and then put strength struts around the back because they might become too weak if I don't try to strengthen them.

I'm also going to take off the door guard strips and them fill them in so that the doors look smoother. I just need the time and space to do it in. I'm also going to put black mesh behind the bumpers. :drool:

i know Dawsey has a body kit on his corolla. Was lucky enough to bump into him at the Pod a few months bak. WOT I BEAST OF A CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

mines got the stock body kit but with a GXi front bumper and aftermarket lights. redoing the bonnet though as its a bit bent (important note always make sure your bonnet is securely shut before driving :lol: )

mines got the stock body kit but with a GXi front bumper and aftermarket lights. redoing the bonnet though as its a bit bent (important note always make sure your bonnet is securely shut before driving :lol: )

Thats usually quite a good idea. As is jacking up the car without the front suspension strut bolts attached....... :unsure:

I hope I wont be making that mistake again! :lol:

ouch!!

wouldnt mind but the bonnet was a one off. took ages to get right and ive got to do it all again.

ouch!!

wouldnt mind but the bonnet was a one off. took ages to get right and ive got to do it all again.

I would have bloody cried. Not kidding you. I hate seeign cars getting mashed up!

thats my bonnet

IMG_1161.jpg

it basically the centre section from an ST-205 bonnet grafted into the stock bonnet. nearly had a carbon replica made of it buut unless i could sell 5 @ £600 a pop itd cost me £1200. glad i didnt now cos if the carbon one was smashed id really have cried :lol:

thats my bonnet

IMG_1161.jpg

it basically the centre section from an ST-205 bonnet grafted into the stock bonnet. nearly had a carbon replica made of it buut unless i could sell 5 @ £600 a pop itd cost me £1200. glad i didnt now cos if the carbon one was smashed id really have cried :lol:

How much did your turbo kit cost. (I'm guessing you have a turbo kit because you have an intercooler radiator behind the front bumper).

Could you also tell me where you got it. A supercharger just isn't tasty enough on it's own.......

470bhp 3S-GTE engine conversion in there, spent lots on it to be fair.

PDQ though

nice gti eeeehh

and standard enough kit on her,

nice and simple

gzecar1.jpg

gzecarpopped.jpg

gzecarside.jpg

:thumbsup: This car looks sweet man is this car supercharged?

I agree with nice and simple also,factory kit or nothing.Here is a picture of mine but we only got the five door in Australia with the 100kw 4AGE

I had JDM front bar with Cressida lip.AUS bar is different..Sold it and now have 08 Corolla(Auris),and yes i miss it :(

Cheers,John

AE92GTi.jpg

GTi1.jpg

470bhp 3S-GTE engine conversion in there, spent lots on it to be fair.

PDQ though

Didn't you have to graft the engine in on different mounts? :huh: That must have cost a few to get that fitted if you did. :wacko:

I'm really hoping to gain much more power with mine in a few years. For now though, its all the looks and a few bits like the exhaust and a twin cone airfilter. Spent two hours yesterday just stripping ou the interior of the seats, carpet and seat belts which was suprisingly easy. :yes:

KPARRIS-JONES

Could you also tell me where it is that you got those gorgeous headlamps. I can't seem to find anywhere that will sell them. All I have found is clear tail lights and that's it.

Thanks,

KPARRIS-JONES

yeah the mounts etc need moding to fit it. did all the work myself. you need to budget at least £5k for a 3S conversion although some of that is dependant on how much you get the engine etc for, your looking at around £2-2.5k labour alone for the conversion though.

the lights were from eBay in the states, they are for the AE-101 and needed big mods to the brackets to fit. they still don't line up with the side lights but i can live with that

nice gti eeeehh

nice and simple

gzecar1.jpg

gzecarpopped.jpg

gzecarside.jpg

Yep,sure is.

Lad in Waterford,over here in Ireland has it,shes been off the road for a good while now,resprayed it a kind of purple flip colour,nothing tacky looking,really suits the car.

I agree with nice and simple also,factory kit or nothing.Here is a picture of mine but we only got the five door in Australia with the 100kw 4AGE

I had JDM front bar with Cressida lip.AUS bar is different..Sold it and now have 08 Corolla(Auris),and yes i miss it :(

Cheers,John

AE92GTi.jpg

GTi1.jpg

Nice car man never knew they come in 4 door

nice gti eeeehh

nice and simple

gzecar1.jpg

gzecarpopped.jpg

gzecarside.jpg

Yep,sure is.

Lad in Waterford,over here in Ireland has it,shes been off the road for a good while now,resprayed it a kind of purple flip colour,nothing tacky looking,really suits the car.

Iv painted my one purple as well lol :lol:

nice gti eeeehh

nice and simple

gzecar1.jpg

gzecarpopped.jpg

gzecarside.jpg

nice car you got there but not actually to keen on that front splitter you got on there,

i think the laguna splitter suit these cars alot, i got one waiting to go on my gti, but subtle is the right way to go.

here is my twinny from a while back, had all the work done to it now and still got some finishing touces to do so ill put pictures on when its done.

post-43822-1225839170_thumb.jpg

oh and i have just managed to get a full set of white dials for it in mph! Can't wait for them to come, been looking for a while :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links