Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Motoring Tax

john1944

I call on ALL motorists to show their disgust at the stinking profits made by BP in an economic climate where many people are virtually licking out the last drop of fuel from the nozzle.

So can we all put the most effective tax available please on BP products; AND BOYCOTT THEM..............................

£6.4 Billion profit in 3 months ..... Sweet!

Lets hope it's all saved into a bank account in Iceland..... :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

So can we all put the most effective tax available please on BP products; AND BOYCOTT THEM..............................

If pension funds were getting £billions in dividends from BP's profits, would you still say that was a good idea?

You can't win I'm afraid.

Paul.

Its likely that BP,s profits will be rising still further fairly soon , as the oil producing nations that form opec have agreed to cut production by one & a half million barrels per day, in an attempt to force prices back up at the pumps, but as i have said before , boycot the dearest garage's , BP & TEXACO in particular

Don't be a wolly John, companies are entitled to make as much profit as they can - try moaning to the government about the tax that makes up the majority of fuel cost.

BP is such a large company with such enormous revenues, their profits will always appear massive, but in fact typically represent only around 12% of their revenue BEFORE Taxes are paid - so in percentage terms, that is not a massive amount.

Oil Companies also need decent profits in order to have the money to carry out exploration for new supplies - of which many (a large majority) yield nothing so that money is down the drain.

And as far as the typical petrol station goes, they now usually survive on sales from the shop in the forecourt more then the petrol sold - and that goes for the big boys like BP, Shell, Esso, etc just as much as the independents BECAUSE most of those BP, Shell and Esso stations are Franchises - so boycott the station and see that small business go under.

What a stupid immature thread this is, why not find out the facts BEFORE posting this stuff.

BP are already paying BILLIONS in corporation tax, would you say the same if you were one

of their millions of shareholders getting a dividend ? As Hoovie says oil companies need to

invest billions in research to find new fields, and as someone who's job depends on them

buying equipment manufactured in the UK to find and process oil, I wish them every success.

Don't be a wolly John, companies are entitled to make as much profit as they can - try moaning to the government about the tax that makes up the majority of fuel cost.

The Government are the robber's here..the dearer the fuel the more TAX they get... yes OPEC make billions from the sale, as mentioned before most garages are franchises and make little profit...

it's something we all need and cant do without...me I have two cars and also oil fired heating, so every time the price goes up I'm hit twice, last price I was quoted was 65p litre for heating oil, thank god it's gone down to 44p now, as I need to top my system up with 500 litres.....

Yup we also run oil fired heating...

To be fair I don't begrudge the oil companies their profit... the reason we pay lots at the pumps is tax, Was 80% last time I looked... Don't forget that you pay VAT on fuel tax too!!!

I am personally more offended by the fact that labour want to backtrack road tax so cars before '05 are taxed on emissions...

Yup we also run oil fired heating...

To be fair I don't begrudge the oil companies their profit... the reason we pay lots at the pumps is tax, Was 80% last time I looked... Don't forget that you pay VAT on fuel tax too!!!

I am personally more offended by the fact that labour want to backtrack road tax so cars before '05 are taxed on emissions...

Fully agree with that. Retrospective Taxation is well out of order.

One thing with the fuel tax is that IF it were reduced, then some other tax would appear to take up the slack. IMO road tax should be abolished entirely and the tax deficit put ONTO fuel - at least there would be a connection between usage and charging if the purpose is meant to be to promote 'green driving'.

But it won't happen as, as usual, the claimed purpose of a green tax is a smokescreen for just more tax applied on an easy target.

All Stick, No Carrot :angry:

You talk sense!!!

Booo to having an '03 that puts out 287g/km :(

Good on 'em, I dont care how much they make so long as my pension company are investing with them.......They have made flock all up to now with MY money so good on 'em. You need companies like BP, Shell etc to pay massive taxes too as the Government wont be making anything out of people on the dole!

Kingo :thumbsup:

i refuse to use BP for anything purely for the fact i know they are much more expensive in regard to everything. be it petrol, diesel or stuff from the shop.

I'll quite happily continue to use Shell as they're the cheapest near me! 94.9p now! :lol:

IIRC last time a petrol company posted huge profits the pointed out that petrol sales count for a very small % of their profits. Most of the cash is generated from other sources.

Booo to having an '03 that puts out 287g/km :(

I feel your pain - 311g/km '01 (5 months after they started measuring the !Removed! carbons) here :angry:

Also remember, the amount of money they spend in third world countries improving infrastructure. usually to benefit them in some small way, but largely the existing country...

If I have the option to save cash or save africa, I'll go for the cheaper option any day!

Same rules apply to "fair trade" coffee ;)

If I have the option to save cash or save africa, I'll go for the cheaper option any day!

fair trade is the biggest con going, and it's not 'fair' at all.

:\ makes me sick.

I dont think it would look very good if i boycotted BP petrol stations as im trying to get a work placement with them next summer :P

i hope they thrive as a business - then there will be plenty of jobs and placements for us lowly students to go for :)

Good Luck! you'll need it!!

I used to deal with BP for their IT provision quite a few years ago. They had sacked all their internal support staff and hired in contractors on half the salary (one guy had managed to hang in as an employee and gave me the low down)

Shell are a much better employer (used to deal with them as well and they are much friendlier and generous to their staff)

How come ? I fall for it every time, tea & coffee :crybaby:

How come ? I fall for it every time, tea & coffee :crybaby:

A social conscience is like a garden shed, If you eat it it will stick in your throat :crazy:

Good Luck! you'll need it!!

I used to deal with BP for their IT provision quite a few years ago. They had sacked all their internal support staff and hired in contractors on half the salary (one guy had managed to hang in as an employee and gave me the low down)

Shell are a much better employer (used to deal with them as well and they are much friendlier and generous to their staff)

Thing is Shell employees talk absolute crap - they did a presentation at our university to try and convince everyone how eco-friendly they are :huh: It was a load of corporate balderdash and kinda put me off Shell - but ive got no morals so if they offered me a well paid job id take it :D :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links