Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2002 Cts Lights Dimming

rock1

Anyone know why my headlights lights dim for about one to two seconds every so often (as if the air con or something else is draining the power....even when everything such as air con etc. is swithced off?) Normal driving, normal headlight operation. :unsure:

Bit like a mini power surge, but only briefly, even the electric windows can cause the lights to flicker, anything electrical mainly.

I'm sure its something to do with the car's amperage or current usage.

i'm sure i've heard others comment that there may be a problem with the ECU that causes the glitch with the lights???

i have this problem, i think it relates to pre-facelit models only???

Thanks guys...yeh mine is pre facelift, so maybe it's not an un common fault?? I've only had the car 2 months now from main dealer (it was serviced (i'm told) when I bought it) but dunno if plugs were changed...not sure what effect this would have on the lights tho. It certainly runs and goes like I would expect....the Battery is always fully charged too so I guess the alternator is ok. I'll see how it goes i guess! Thanks for comments....helpful to hear other peeps experience! :)

Thanks guys...yeh mine is pre facelift, so maybe it's not an un common fault?? I've only had the car 2 months now from main dealer (it was serviced (i'm told) when I bought it) but dunno if plugs were changed...not sure what effect this would have on the lights tho. It certainly runs and goes like I would expect....the battery is always fully charged too so I guess the alternator is ok. I'll see how it goes i guess! Thanks for comments....helpful to hear other peeps experience! :)

had this on my pre facelift t sport and looked into it was told it was to do with the alternater but nothing to worry about never had any problems with reliabilty.

Thanks again. At least I know it's not just something wrong with MY car. Maybe I'll av a word with the dealer re ecu.....don't wanna be parted from her for too long tho....the lift is too addictive!

it is voltage instability, when the engine the running, sometimes it will drag some power from Battery, so less power for the light. u can probably solve this problem by installing a voltage stabiliser, to stabiliser the voltage.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links