Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Light

TK41

:(

Hi Guys, having changed all 3 sensors on my car in the last 6 months due to the dreaded light coming on and following the excellent instructions on this site. I was amazed to see the ruddy thing come back on again yesterday. So I thought it would be the MAF needing cleaning, again I followed the instruction and gave it a clean with Carb spray. Came up like a clean penny. Replaced the unit cleared the light and thought all was good in the hud. Wrong !! Any ideas anyone before i take him to MrT and they take my Christmas money off me. The engine is running idle at low revs which is making the exhaust rattle like a can if thats some kind of a sign.

Without knowing what the code is it will be hard to give an answer :(

I don'y have a code yet as I have not been to see MrT yet, I was hoping someone would give me an idea as to what else I could try before taking the car in. :unsure:

You could go for a cheap OBD2 reader from fleabay HERE (UNLESS YOURS IS AN IMPORT, in which case it wouldn't work) :thumbsup:

Les

Thanks for that Les, bye the way the exhaust system looks and sounds mint.

Hey

Having the same trouble as described previously and fed up paying £30 a time for getting the codes and getting the light reset.

Les - looked at the eBay ad for the OBD2 reader - unfortunately it says its only compatible with petrol european cars from Jan 2001 onwards. My MR2 is registered in 2000, will it definately not work on my car?

J

Oh, while i am on - anyone know of where i can get a rear silencer apart from Mr T? Tried a few companies but they are telling me main dealer only! :(

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links