Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Drunk Driver On The A1 Tonight :|

sphinktar1988

I filled up my car after work and made my way to the motorway, merged on and found a motorbike infront of me and a white van

the motorbike was in the outside lane doing about 55 mph so i came along side him pretty soon and he flagged me to slow down

as i watched the van infront of me the car was off the road more than it was on :unsure:

the motorbike flagged me to put my window down and shouted to phone the police

i phoned them explained what was happening as he nearly wiped out a car that got past the motorbike then proceded to drive down the middle of the motorway swaying from side to side in to the hard shoulder and on to the grass where the central reservation was

by this point the police were "suppodedly" on there way and myself and the motorbike to my right were holding the traffic in both lanes back to avoid an accident as his driving was becoming worse with ventures off the road becoming more and more frequent

another 10miles later he decides he doesnt like the motorway anymore so he turns off up a slip road for Durham cutting across both lanes and not indicating then stays in the right lane and stops at the traffic lights altho they are green! he then uses the right lane to go straght back on to the motorway barely missing another car in the right lane and also hitting the kerb on to the slip road

at this point i was in the wrong lane to carry on so i turned back on to the road i needed to be on to get home.

i got home and texted a couple of my friends to let them no what had happened and lone behold one of them texts and tells me on his way home from work at washington services on the A1 a van of the same discription as the one i had been following had been pulled over by two police cars :)

very happy that my phone call was responded to because finding a white van on the A1 during rush hour cant have been a very easy task!

im still shocked to be honest tho that someone could get in a car and drive in such a state :| with no control over a vehicle

and also no thought for the damage they may cause to other vehicles and peoples lives!

how there wasnt an accident i dont no but thankfully there wasn't

Glad the clown was pulled, well done for making the call :thumbsup:

Fair play to you for calling the Police :thumbsup:

People like that need a good beating. :beer::bash:

It's fine if they don't mind hurting themselves but normally they take an innocent with them, they should get an immediate ban. :banned:

i just cant believe some one could do it :| i mean i can understand if you have 2 and get pulled n your over as you probs would think your ok

but this guy must have has a full session in the pubs at no point did he stay in a straight line of keep in a lane :|

i agree instant ban for a good amount of time aswell possibly jail to be honest after watching the kind of damage that guy could have caused

Yes.... well done to you for making that call :thumbsup:

It does not bear thinking about as to what might have happened if he had not been pulled up :huh:

I have had to also make a call like that on the M62, was driving along, and noticed the car in front of me was all over the place, I followed it for abit, noticed that an elderly gent was driving.

In time this car was veering all over the slow lane.....So I called the police and stayed behind the car until they turned up, behind me. Mr police man gave me a nod and I pulled out into the middle lane and as I looked in my rear view mirror.... they were being pulled over. -_-

On Saturday I was driving southbound on the M90 heading towards the Forth Road Bridge, traffic was an absolute nightmare, queue's all over the place. I reached junction 2 (e v e n t u a l l y) and saw that there had been a pile up of 5 or 6 cars on the southbound carraigeway, also at junction 2 but on the northbound carraigeway there was ANOTHER 4 or 5 car pile up... as I got through the conjestion southbound and approached junction 1 I noticed over on the north bound carraigeway there was a van lying on it's side in the fast lane... obviously there was emergency services absolutely everywhere, this is one of Scotlands most used routes, if there is as much as a breakdown anywhere near the bridge we would be as well closing fife (now there's a thought lol ;)) Just shows what rubber neckers can cause.

Rubber neckers.... oh what complete low life they are :censor:

As humans beings we are naturally curious or nosey but to hinder and endanger other roads users just to get a 'look see' makes me sick.

Such people were the misery of my job when I was a fireman, and also of those of other emergency service workers, even to the point where they would stop their cars on the opposite side of the road, walk over and even attempt to get right up close to watch us as we were working to save the situation.

Be thankful you weren't on the M1 today

Rubber-neckers take note...

M1 Closed

That has caused absolute chaos here in mansfield tonight! took me an extra 40 mins to get home, and rob went out to go to work tonight and everywhere was gridlocked so he had to go home and wait it out for a few hours before trying again! Nuts! :o

drove back from scotland today. and there was loads of signs from way before we reached leeds telling us about delays around junction 32-29. was some recovery vehicals still there when we drove past and that was around 7.45

It's a really, really simple lesson & I don't understand why every person hasn't learned it before they're even old enough to touch the pedals. As mentioned, some people can have 2 drinks & feel fresh so I can understand why someone would take a chance in that situation but I just don't get how someone who's absolutely leathered thinks getting behind the wheel is a good idea.

Well done for phoning the police & well done to them for getting him before something major happened. Just hope he'll have learned the lesson now before it's ruined a load of lives

Be thankful you weren't on the M1 today

Rubber-neckers take note...

M1 Closed

That has caused absolute chaos here in mansfield tonight! took me an extra 40 mins to get home, and rob went out to go to work tonight and everywhere was gridlocked so he had to go home and wait it out for a few hours before trying again! Nuts! :o

Yup... and whats more im sure i followed an artic back on my way home and the driver was on drugs! As i was scooting along at 60 to the big junction where J27 meets the A611 and i had both sets of lights on green, and an Innovate truck gcame flying through his lights on Red :huh::unsure: good job there was actually plenty of room as the junction does have good visibilty from that angle, but thats beside the point... then he was weaving about all over the place and flashing his inicators randomly... so when i found a good spot i shot past and ran away... :P :lol:

My mate is a copper and was on duty when J29 closed yesterday. The van drivers witness statement was very nasty.

Try doing 50k+ per annum business miles like I do, all these incidents are daily occurrences for me. I used to love the freedom of the road but things are getting more and more dangerous for various reasons. Lack of patience being the biggest culprit IMO :(