Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Hilux Dash Rattle

v8victor

i have a 2007 3l invincible with a rattle behind the dash to the left of centre close to the screen which occurs in high gears under load, ie loading engine when accelerating in high gear or towing, been on www.newhilux.net in Australia, they have the same issue but no one says what the cure is apart from that it is some metal lugs rattling against the dash mountings, can anyone be more specific or describe what to do to cure the rattle please, yours v8.

well...you could take it back to the dealers,and probably wait a week or two to get it back,or take the front of the dash off and put a little foam packing around the offending lugs.

i have a 2007 3l invincible with a rattle behind the dash to the left of centre close to the screen which occurs in high gears under load, ie loading engine when accelerating in high gear or towing, been on www.newhilux.net in Australia, they have the same issue but no one says what the cure is apart from that it is some metal lugs rattling against the dash mountings, can anyone be more specific or describe what to do to cure the rattle please, yours v8.

I had the same problem with my 2008 3.0 Hl3. Or at least thats what I thought.

I told my dealer about it and they had the vehicle for one day, and found and cured the problem.

In my case the rattle turned out to be the headlining [front/left]. The dealer having located the noise, removed the headlining, packed it with foam and sprayed the inside components with the clear greasy fluid used to shine dash boards. This makes any trim or fittings slip against each other, rather than creek or rattle.

I was amazed how efficient they were at finding the fault, as everyone knows it is very difficult to tell where rattles are actually coming from.

swampdog said he thought the dealer may keep the vehicle for a week or two. Perhaps some dealers would, but my experience with Gordon Lamb Toyota in Cheterfield is that they employ experienced and intuitive mechanics. Not only are they keen to help, but have the skill to do so.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links