Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Congratulations Lewis

kimi

Nice one lewis what a race :yahoo: :yahoo: :toast::Jumpy::goof::driving::cheers::clap:

hamilton3_1106233c.jpg

:toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast:

that has to be the most nerve racking race ive ever watched.

really thought he binned it at the end. as said thanks Toyota.

do feel for Massa though, poor guy must really be hurting.

shame on the Brazilian supporters though for boo'ing Hamilton.

in all a fitting end to the season. well done lewis.

as a bonus he has robbed the t**t Alonso of the youngest world champion title by 124 days :lol:

A well deserved Championship victory :thumbsup:

as a bonus he has robbed the t**t Alonso of the youngest world champion title by 124 days :lol:

Agreed Lee :thumbsup:

What I find a little bit of a shame is that every year, the whole season is focused on 2 things - the Drivers World Championship, and the Constructors Championship, BUT there is not (or at least I do not recall ever seeing) a Presentation of either title to the Champion Driver, or the Champion Team.

That is a great shame, especially when - like today, the WDC Winner does not happen to finish on the podium in the final race of the season.

I presume also there is physical WDC Trophy and a Constructors Cup? Where/When are they presented?

As I said on the other thread... good to see Lewis winning the Championship.. but although the race was incredibly tense... I didnt feel he drove as well as he had done previously.... Vettel seemed like a better driver on the day!

Toyotas lost betwen 5-10 seconds per sector on that last lap according to live timing... so either they slowed down through the whole of the last lap.. or their tyre choice scuppered them in the final moments...

Either way, the result I wanted (along with many others methinks!)... but in an odd way...

It was clear Toyota took a gamble on staying with the tyres and it nearly paid off for them. If they came in to change, they would have been nowhere anyway, so it was worthwhile trying to carry on.

Interlagos is a very windey track so being on the wrong tyres will be very expensive in terms of time compared to many other circuits and that fact that BOTH Toyotas posted similar last lap times.

Maybe it was Karma, maybe not, but of all the penalties, mistakes and decisions that have been made this season the one decision that no one has ever managed to explain or justify (even the FIA has not provided their rational!) is when Massa cut into Vettel and Vettel got a penalty - giving Massa one extra point.

Glock not managing to keep up this speed and Lewis taking him right at the end and getting one extra point is sweet revenge for that :yes:

Toyotas lost betwen 5-10 seconds per sector on that last lap according to live timing... so either they slowed down through the whole of the last lap.. or their tyre choice scuppered them in the final moments...

Either way, the result I wanted (along with many others methinks!)... but in an odd way...

From the Toyota F1 site

Timo was running fourth on the last lap but lost two places at the final corner, leaving him sixth while Jarno was eighth.

Timo said: “I was on dry tyres at the end of the race when it was raining quite badly and it was just impossible on the last lap. I was fighting as hard as I could but it was so difficult to just keep the car on the track and I lost positions right at the end of the lap. Finishing in the top six is a decent result for me because I’d been struggling with the car earlier in the weekend but we were very close to fourth place so I am a bit disappointed.”

Great to see Lewis win, well done that man!

Toyota had a strong finish too, just a shame the rain came at the wrong time

Kingo :thumbsup:

I'm made up, it was a perfect example of what makes sport so exciting. It had absolutely everything, with it all looking rosy with not long left, then the sickening feeling that it had slipped away combined with the desperate hope that he could somehow get back into 5th despite not getting close enough to make a move, then the last minute pass that won him the title. The great thing about sport is that you never quite know what's going to happen & it's really not over until it's over & that race proved it.

It's harsh on Massa but if Hamilton had lost it it would have been harsh on him, it's tough at the top & thankfully Hamilton was left celebrating by the end of the race. I'm ecstatic for him, it's well deserved & hopefully is the 1st of many

Brilliant race and the right result. Well done Lewis. Intersting there was a total lack of interference from the stewards.