Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Na Induction Kit......

SMiFFAD

Right wasnt gonna mod this one but a mate has a "universal" hks style mushroom for pennys for sale......2.5" connection etc etc, what if anything else would i need to fabricate to get it fitted?

Does anyone have a piccy of their induction kit or know of one on das web anywhere.....?

Not really had a good look at the standard air box so havent got a clue :)

Any help would be great :thumbsup:

may do more harm than good ..

Agree'd....and I assume for the reason of the pod on it's own is going to be sucking in HOT or warm engine air....you should really try and get it in some type of box to seperate it from the engine heat.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

I was thinking of poor filtration and small woodland creatures being sucked into the engine ..

I was thinking of poor filtration and small woodland creatures being sucked into the engine ..

lol, filtration cant be any worse than a real HKS :lol:

Its not a great feat to build an induction box/cold air feed pipe, tempted to go back to the original plan of leave it alone!

cheers for the thoughts...

im thinking of taking my induction kit off and having a rethink about it, it came with the car when i bought it but it looks like whoever did it was a right cowboy and im worried it could be more of a problem then a help. if you're gonna put one on, invest in a good quality one made specifically for your car (n /a or turbo) and make sure someone fits it who has done them before on mr2's.

and do a search for a post of mine regarding air filters .. HKS came out pap, where Apexi came out top ..

The green mushroom one's breakapart and go into the turbo :eek:

The stock Gen III airbox is considerably better than the Gen II one for flow etc.....try and got one of those.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

The green mushroom one's breakapart and go into the turbo :eek:

The stock Gen III airbox is considerably better than the Gen II one for flow etc.....try and got one of those.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Second bit of thats interesting.....first bits difficult with my car unless it comes with a turbo in the filter kit :P

Anyway, seen loads of tests on filters, always the same:

- Apexi - best filtrationand power increase

- K&N - not as good as above but still good

- HKS/Blitz - both unbelievably bad considering they are supposed to be very good makes!

Further research (owning an apexi on my last car) shows that the apexi cant be cleaned, you gotta buy a new paper eliment once yours if full of mud/bug/small children, and thats about £60 from memory. Ever since finding that out i've always favored the K&N, plus they seem very good value, for the N/A atleast, about £70 for the kit. (Means you could pretty much buy the entire kit again for the price you pay for the apexi eliment!)

In the mean time i need to find a rev 3 in a scrappy and go and strip it :D

wow thats lucky i read this before almost ordering a blitz filter!!! sweet im gonna order me a K&N now. cheers guys

Anyone recommend anywhere to order a K&N for a rev2 MR2???

Same applies to the APEX'i induction kit?

Cheers

Adam

Anyone recommend anywhere to order a K&N for a rev2 MR2???

Same applies to the APEX'i induction kit?

Cheers

Adam

Much as it pains me to say it but the cheapest i have seen em is in max power...... big K&N advert on a whole page....£70 i think...

Apexi, not a clue :(