Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Springs Vs Coilovers

theenemywithin

Now i've got my Ultrleggeras fitted i'm moving onto the Handling/Looks.

I was thinking of either Tein or K-Sport coilovers.

But, i've read a recent post on here that not many people have had coilovers fitted.

So, the question is which and why???

I'm guessing the reason why is down to cost, as coilovers are about £300 more expensive before fitting. In terms of which ones to get, I think that most people who have them have gone for Tein. No idea if that's because they are better than the others or just down to cost and availability.

I went for springs as coilovers were a bit to pricey for me. Also comfort, coilovers will make your cars ride feel harder. Already after my springs and 17 alloys the car is not as comfortable as it used to be. Im guessing coilovers would be quite rough!

I got the Tein Basic Damper kit, tho expensive in has helped the look of the car alot and the car handles way better. The car is still fairly comfotable to sit in and I have it lowered about 70mm B) . I got mine form jdmperformance.co.uk.

Ive got KW Varient 2 Coilovers, expensive, if i remember came to bout £900 then bout £400 to hav them fitted with my anti roll bars but VERY worth it if u dnt mind the harsh ride, ul get use to it eventually. I got KW instead of Teins bcos Teins tend to rust after a while whereas KW wont

I had both on my old Yaris Tsport ( not at the same time though :lol: )

started off with TTE lowering springs they were fine, handling was better & ride was not too harsh.

I then decided to go for coilovers, i got Teins, they were fine.

but to be honest if i was to do it all again i would have stayed with my springs,

the handling & ride was not much different between them and it would have saved me £300.

If you want the best Coilovers get Cusco zeros,

Cusco are an excellent choice also they will not rust either like the Teins did ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links