Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wind Noise

Vincent de Marco

Hello,

I have a 1.6 Corolla 5-d hatchback manufactured in September '02. I can hear an annoying wind noise located near the driver's window & near the front pillar when driving at about 60-70 km/h and above. I noticed it after over a year of owning this car, when my girlfriend had a chance to drive and I was sitting as a passenger and then I noticed that the wind noise is much more quite on the passenger's side.

I went to the dealer and described the problem, but they said it was all perfect. It's not, however I checked and all the seals & rubber parts seem OK. For me, it looks like maybe a sound-deadening material inside is missing, which I hardly believe because people say Toyota is known for its refinement.

Furthermore, yesterday I met an old friend of mine, who now - it turned out after a short chat - now drives a Corolla same as mine. We changed our opinions about the car itself and I told him about this wind noise. He said his Corolla has the same problem, he also mentioned that all new Corollas have this wind noise. He mentioned about the fix, which is available, but he couldn't be sure.

Please tell me is there really the fix out there, somewhere & what I should tell the dealer ? It really is annoying...

I got a 1.6 5d E12 and been driving it for almost 2 months. I've noticed the wind noise too. I haven't checked it out though

try using that sound insulation(normally used for systems). revove the b-piller cover(i think its b in europe) and mold it inside. its basically a sound deadening material

OK, but is really the b-pillar I should blame or maybe something else we here don't know about ? Something... hmmm... deeper inside ?

A friend told me it was noisey on the passenger side. Told the dealer and he adjusted the doors. Sounds better but I don't think the wind noise design is the best.

Yeah, there's a big deal of wind noise. Point is, however, my dealer never ever heard of any complaints related to it - so I was told - and in addition do that, doesn't know of any available remedy, either.

Dull dealers, poor sound insulation, poor car... poor me :crybaby:

I just got an '03 Corolla CE this month...and noticed the wind noise on driver's door side.

From outside, with doors closed, I sighted along the top edge. From the front, looked fine. From the rear though, I could see the top edge of front door sticking up from the plane.

I have car in at dealer's tomorrow for some items and included this.

A home-made solution might be: roll down window, insert towel-covered 2x4 perpendicular to B pillar (maybe B & A?), and squeeze with door, pressing from top.

Whatdya think?

I dunno...

I didn't buy a Toyota to correct things in it.

It should have been OK in the first place. :censor:

• 4 years later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links