Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Insurance After Advanced Drivin Test

Roberskine84

heya I' thinkin of setting some time asside some time this summer to do this advanced driving test from AIM( advanced institute of motorists). The reason being that i got busted for speedin and given 5 points <_< and that'll make insurance (so i'm told, I'm 19 btw) sky rocket so i figure do this and lower it again back to normal.

Anyone know anything bout these advanced tests and whether they're worth doin? I dont think they cost much, i think it was like 70 for the course.

Yeah so, any input?

Rob

Well, a few people who I know have done it and haven't really re-couped the cost. I haven't done it and my insurance seems to be only a few quid more.

Because of your circumstance it may do, but basically, at 19 with that record your insurance will be huge, when you get to 21 insurance almost halves.

What I would do, is do a few on-line quotes and see what the best price you could get in both situations, there are only a few insurers that do honour the scheme but a lot don't.

In theory it is supposed to give the equivallent of 1 years NCB but whenever I have tried quotes it makes very little difference.

ive noticed its very similar to the PASS PLUS nackers

the instructer tells you its all a good idea to scrape a few more dollar out ya wallet and then no insurance companys honour it!

:(

I done the IAM one, skipped pass plus cause its a different thing. IAM is more about controling the car and noticing potential hazards ahead. it helps your driving and makes it a bit more fun.

Am 21 now and did it when i was 18, not got me own insurance policy but it won't nock it down that much cause of your age and the points but it will help you notice the speed cameras and where they are likely to stand (its run by ex police and the examiner is a current traffic police fella).

Its worth doing just for the experience and its better than pass plus cause thats just lets take you on the moptorway, well done. Plus you get to drive like a fool round country lanes (well i did) :)

Mat

I want to take Advance Driving, I am 25.

Regardless of whether it will reduce your insurance, having something like this under your belt is always good.

Being able to handle the car better, being able to pick up on potential hazards can only be a good thing.

Do it anyway, your driving skills will be further improved and that is not a bad idea.

Too many people on the roads will not be able to handle situations properly if something goes wrong. If you have this, you will be better equiped for worst case scenario's

Well that is my opinion anyway.

I also want to take my bike licence!!!

I want to take Advance Driving, I am 25.

Regardless of whether it will reduce your insurance, having something like this under your belt is always good.

Being able to handle the car better, being able to pick up on potential hazards can only be a good thing.

Do it anyway, your driving skills will be further improved and that is not a bad idea.

Too many people on the roads will not be able to handle situations properly if something goes wrong. If you have this, you will be better equiped for worst case scenario's

Well that is my opinion anyway.

I also want to take my bike licence!!!

...ie a road full of woman drivers.. sorry just had to say it

vmail, how wrong oculd you be :) ever read roadcraft? go read it and see if you still think it will make everyone a woman driver :)

Mat

yeah its not as if its gona change the way you think bout driving, if ur a racer u'll still be a racer just a better one i guess, i reckon though if more women did it they'd be more confident and not be so annoyingly hesitant!

:ffs: :censor: :P

Sod the lot of ya..... i am a great driver (for a woman).

I must admit thou i always curse other female drivers who just dont have a clue.

I just seem to be more like a guy when it comes to getting behind the wheel.

I HATE idiots in bigger cars trying to make me back down cos i am in a small car..... a few have done this, all have lost :lol: Try to cut me in and i ride the bumper in front, you wont fit in that gap.... try to go straight ahead in the left hand lane (to cut me up) when it clearly indicates LEFT ONLY. i will race you and WIN so you have to go behind me.

:ffs:

the amount of obsenities that i use each moring.... blinkin school runs!!! stoopid brain dead mums with nothing going on upstairs..

:lol: Oh, and 95% of the people that i have to prove a point to.... i.e. I am quicker then you / I am not having you cut me up etc etc .... are male so ner!! :)

go Miss T!!!

the official First Lady when it comes to Yaris moddin

:thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links