Do Not Sell My Personal Information

200bhp Chip For Hilux

crphillips

Hi there,

First post on here as i'm the new owner of a Hilux. It's a 3ltr 171bhp Invincible Auto.

What i'd like to know is if the 200bhp chip that the new limited edition Hilux comes with is available to purchase to fit to my Hilux? If not does anyone know what company produces it?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Have a chat with our resident parts guru as I am very certain he can help you :thumbsup: .... click here

I know this part is indeed available but cannot recall the price :)

The Toyota diesel engine performance kit, as fitted to the Invincible, retails at £855. This is the genuine chip kit. I can do one for £799 DELIVERED to any UK mainland address

I also do a NON-GENUINE chip kit, it boosts power by 20% and the members price is £375. I am away for a few days now, if anybody is interested in a kit, PM me and I will contact you on my return

Kingo :thumbsup:

Hi there,

First post on here as i'm the new owner of a Hilux. It's a 3ltr 171bhp Invincible Auto.

What i'd like to know is if the 200bhp chip that the new limited edition Hilux comes with is available to purchase to fit to my Hilux? If not does anyone know what company produces it?

Any help would be much appreciated.

The upgrade in the Invincible 200 is the TTE chip and this is the only chip that technical approval by Toyota Japan as far as i'm aware - ie it doesnt affect warranty.

They can be ordered from Toyota dealers under the following part numbers

PZ439-N8744-00 for automatic transmission

PZ456-N8745-00 for manual transmission

Regards

Hmm, £800 is a bit steep but it would be nice to have the backing of toyota. I was only in chester the other day too...could have poped in. I'll let you know if i'm after one.

I was at the Toyota dealer where i bought my Hilus today and i asked them about the 200bhp chip for it. He said to me that they were still under development and won't be available for another 7-8 months. This is because they had a chip but there were problems with it putting the engine management light on. I didn't realise that the new ltd edition Hilux isn't just a 171bhp model with a chip....apparently it's re-mapped at the factory.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Parts-King........are the chips you were talking about the old faulty ones as apparently the new and improved ones aren't available yet?

I'm a little confused now.

I was at the Toyota dealer where i bought my Hilus today and i asked them about the 200bhp chip for it. He said to me that they were still under development and won't be available for another 7-8 months. This is because they had a chip but there were problems with it putting the engine management light on. I didn't realise that the new ltd edition Hilux isn't just a 171bhp model with a chip....apparently it's re-mapped at the factory.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Parts-King........are the chips you were talking about the old faulty ones as apparently the new and improved ones aren't available yet?

I'm a little confused now.

The Invincible 3.0 200 has what Toyota call a DEPK (Diesel Engine Performance Kit) it is NOT an ECU upgrade

They are £855 retail, and are available to buy now with 48 hours delivery

I also do a NON Toyota kit for £375

Ah cheers for the reply. Our local dealer obviously doesn't know much about this subject.

:no: he does'nt :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

I am new here and from Australia. I have imported the TTE chip to Au for use in my 2006 D4D Auto Dual Cab Hilux. We do not have the luxury of the warranty covering this product as Toyota Au wants nothing to do with it even though it has a Toyota part Number. It is a great product and I would have lots more in this country if our dollar had not fallen so far. Cost at my door was $1600 Au early this year but is now over $3000 due to our $$. Better than most after market chips that are available. Would love some of the other products that you guy have available for your hilux.

Talk Soon.

Regards,

Cam

• 1 month later...
Hi Everyone,

I am new here and from Australia. I have imported the TTE chip to Au for use in my 2006 D4D Auto Dual Cab Hilux. We do not have the luxury of the warranty covering this product as Toyota Au wants nothing to do with it even though it has a Toyota part Number. It is a great product and I would have lots more in this country if our dollar had not fallen so far. Cost at my door was $1600 Au early this year but is now over $3000 due to our $$. Better than most after market chips that are available. Would love some of the other products that you guy have available for your hilux.

Talk Soon.

Regards,

Cam

Hi Cam,

Does your Hilux have the 3-Pin Connector for the common rail or is it the 6-pin? My 2008 Model has 3 pins. Have you had any problems with the kit after installing it? Really interested but would like some feedback before I Shell out 800.00.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
can you get anymore bhp out of the 3.0d hilux after the performance pack??

200bhp seems a bit low for such a machine.

also, whats the best castrol engine oil?? edge??

best bridgestone tyres?? for comfort!!

best tyres for the lux i think are the Toyo proxes, mine lasted 48k

• 2 weeks later...
The Toyota diesel engine performance kit, as fitted to the Invincible, retails at £855. This is the genuine chip kit. I can do one for £799 DELIVERED to any UK mainland address

I also do a NON-GENUINE chip kit, it boosts power by 20% and the members price is £375. I am away for a few days now, if anybody is interested in a kit, PM me and I will contact you on my return

Is there any difference apart one dosn't affect your warrenty?

Can you take it out and replace if it needs a service?

Is it worth it, how much difference does it make to drive?

I know thats a lot of questions but,

Thanks.

• 3 months later...

Where can I buy the DEPK for my 2009 Hilux AT 4x4 3.0 D4D? I need to have it shipped to Australia.

is the part no. TD340-90292-00 and/or TD340-26451-00.

thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Ordered my DEPK from the Parts-King,

Arrived in no time to Australia.

Installed under 20mins, and power boost straight away.

thanks Parts-King :thumbsup:

Is there any difference apart one dosn't affect your warrenty?

Can you take it out and replace if it needs a service?

Is it worth it, how much difference does it make to drive?

I know thats a lot of questions but,

Thanks.

Sorry but I missed this post. The kit I supply will add 25% more power and makes one heck of a difference :yes:

You can just disconnect it if you need to and you go back to normal, but why would you? The service department would'nt need it disconnected

Ordered my DEPK from the Parts-King,

Arrived in no time to Australia.

Installed under 20mins, and power boost straight away.

thanks Parts-King :thumbsup:

No problem, thanks for your business

• 2 years later...

Hi Part-King

do you still sale the engine upgrade for the 3.0L hilux, does it go with the 2010 model? and how much is it now. Toyota garage quoted me just under a £1000 to order and instal.

Cheers

Giles

• 2 weeks later...

I have fitted 2 of these chips as requested by customers, I done all the research etc and I have only one thing to say LEAVE WELL ALONE if your needing more bhp from this engine then your driving the wrong car for your requirements ! These "bullet proof engines" tend to make adverse running noises due too altered fuelling they run hotter than normal and bottom line is they may be slightly more powerful although (Not really you have just shifted the power/torque curve to a different area of the rpm range).

My advice leave 5 minutes earlier in the morning and work the gearbox especially if your towing, I tow an ifor trailer with a mini digger nearly every day grossing around 2900kg and my invincible has no worries because I drive it accordingly and can still average 27mpg !

• 3 weeks later...

I've just fitted the kit from Parts-King and its transformed my Hilux, from the engine really working, holding onto the gears for too long and 27mpg - to relaxed and enjoyable and 32mpg. It begs the question why don't Toyota fit these as standard.

One question though... will it alter my insurance?

You have to inform your insurance of this mod! I bet your insurance will go up as mine did...£50 a year for me

I have fitted 2 of these chips as requested by customers, I done all the research etc and I have only one thing to say LEAVE WELL ALONE

Then you bought the wrong kit. The Hilux gives best bang for buck of any Toyota engine and will transform the Hilux.

We no longer supply the TTE kit, too expensive and only available for a very small number of models.

YES we have a kit for a 2010 model, PM me for details

• 1 month later...

Can any one help me

I have ordered a new 2012 Toyota Hilux invincible. On ordering my new Hilux Toyot offered me an upgrade to 200 hp chip, that was about 2 months ago. Now my Hilux has arrived at the dealer they have now told me that Toyota are having problems with the genuine chip upgrade.

I'm now a little disappointed, is this true that the new engine is not working correctly with this chip.