Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bad Running.....

SMiFFAD

Right, this has happened twice now:

Go out in the morning, start her,truns over a few times and doesnt quite catch enough to start. Restarting is a bit of a struggle for herbut she goes. Then becomes very bad to drive, basically coughing when going from idle to any revs. Sat in the car park earlier bliping the throttle slightly after leting it idle, it almost stalls then revs as normal (made for an interesting drive in.....)

This happened on monday the first time, was the same on the way home but seemed to fix its self the next day, went for a blat down the m'way last night to check everythings ok and she seemed bakc to her old self. This morning she only just started (one of thos etimes you let go of the key thinking she has started and she spluttered and caught it just!) and then a really bad drive to work again.

Flooding? Water? Dieing plug(s)/leads/dizzy?

Anyone know or have a theory, tis doing me noggin in! :angry:

Yeah - It sounds like it could be any number of things electrical.

I recently replaced the dizzy cap, rotor arm and spark plugs on my Golf because it was having similar problems and the problem is now more or less fixed. My car had developed a serious misfire which often resulted in a stall especially if you tried to open the throttle more than the tiniest amount, and was idling incredibly fast when starting from cold (when it started).

If you're going to change your HT leads, do yourself a favour and waterproof them whilst you're at it - It can make a world of difference.

yip.. could be electrical mate.

I'm changing my leads, plugs, dizzy cap and rotor arm on Friday.

Having some issues when under full throttle sometimes.. most prob electrical.

and when you change your leads .. go for a drive first .. swap them over .. and then seat them proper ..

If they are put on a cold engine the air gap round the plug can expand and pop them off ..

Well jimlad looks like we are doing the same job on friday :hokus-pokus:

Ordered new dizzy cap/rotor arm/plugs and leads.

I hate cars they cost too much! only savoring thought is after 91K they probably need replacing even if they arent the cause of my problem, cant loose anything, cept money :angry:

Its been fine all the way home.......recon its an electrickery problem, fingers crossed the bits i ordered today sorts it....

I recently cacked me self cause I replaced everything on the ignition side but a few days later the car randomly had jack power, gauge was stuck 1/3rd of the way up and it stalled and died if i didnt keep the revs up. Checked the engine bay and it was just a little vaccum pipe that got disconnectec (the one above the TB area) I musta knocked or something as I was inspectin the hosing that day. Such a little pipe..such big problems grr!

So while your at it check the pipes too as they can get pretty tired. I replaced that un so it would never come off again.

Will have a good look round for flappy pipes as well then :thumbsup:

She was relatively well behaved this morning, didnt wanna wake us as it was icy but only coughed once ont he way to work (trouble is its all through twon and stop start, no chance to get outta 3rd really....)

Sure it a damp thing......well ill know tomorrow :unsure:

When one of my pipes falls off the BOV it also feels like that (and the turbo spools well quick - I just don't go anywhere)