Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car Stereo Display Colour

markleo

Would you choose your car stereo according to the interior display light? For example if the interior display is green do you get a green light stereo?

I hate red displays on stereos, not nice on the eyes so I switch mine to green, it goes with my heater/AC controls but my dash lights up white at the moment.

It's all personal choice!

I hate red displays on stereos, not nice on the eyes so I switch mine to green, it goes with my heater/AC controls but my dash lights up white at the moment.

Is it possible to change the dash light colour? How?

yes i would choose a new headunit that had the display to match my dashlights.

i am the opposite to jappy, i like red i changed the display on my headunit to red to match the dash :D

But as been said its personal choice.

I had a stereo with a blue screen and I got pulled over twice because the coppers thought I had a phone on the go 'cos it was so bright!

I had a stereo with a blue screen and I got pulled over twice because the coppers thought I had a phone on the go 'cos it was so bright!

Snap, Same thing happened to me.

I only got of because I had a built in hands free kit that came with the car

The CTS has a red display so it fits in with all the other dash and speedo lights ;)

My head unit is factory and I have no desire to change it ;)

In the past I have always got headunits that "match" the rest of the car. I was going to get a nice Nakimichi one with green illumination to look factory and sound awesome!

In the Hilux I had a double DIN touchscreen headunit, the few buttins in had were white LEDs, I changed all the dash and surrounding lamps to match with White LEDs.. looked great untill they started flickering and failing!

Lots of different ways, have a look on eBay!

I'm gonna go purple.

Lots of different ways, have a look on eBay!

I'm gonna go purple.

The problem is that you have to take out the whole dashboard to change the bulbs and I am not sure if I can do it

I choose my stereos for their looks, functionality and light displays......I am going for this one next

http://shop.audioimages.co.uk/kenwood-kdc-...ion-p-1108.html

....purely for its looks and colours oh and the iPOD connectivity.

My last fab stereo was a Clarion.....I bought it for it's looks and colour combinations....It matched my Purple Honda, it was super sexy.

I choose my stereos for their looks, functionality and light displays......I am going for this one next

http://shop.audioimages.co.uk/kenwood-kdc-...ion-p-1108.html

....purely for its looks and colours oh and the iPOD connectivity.

My last fab stereo was a Clarion.....I bought it for it's looks and colour combinations....It matched my Purple Honda, it was super sexy.

Thats stunning Asha, I might get it!!.. the last 3 stereo's have all been Kenwood, I cant fault them.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links