Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ecotek

peterc

Watcha,

The fuel economy(sic) on my Previa 2.4 is pants(getting about 220 per tank !!!!). I was wondering if anyone has fitted an Ecotek device on theirs to improve this. I will be selling up soon if i cant get a better MPG.

Cheers

Pete

:( :( :(

hi peter,

you might see a small increase in MPG with one of these ecotek things but don't expect miracles...

think about it, it's a small valve that creates turbulence in the air in order to mix better with the fuel and create a bigger cleaner spark... hmmm..... <_<

(yes, i'm very sceptical) :)

sam

Dont...

Theres more than enough "turbulence" generated by the rough ***** castings used in production engines...

The Ecotek valve simply introduces an air leak in your combustion system that supposedly agitates the airflow, but in fact makes your engine run lean. Consequently, you run the risk of increased combustion temps, detonation, and your engine going south. Along with reduced brake efficiency... (They recomend you plumb these air leaks into your brake servo system :blink: )

If your engine has a problem with increased mpg, you should look at solving the problem rather than adding new ones... Have the injectors cleaned, clean the air flow meter, install a new air filter. all these will ensure your engine runs properly in the first place.

Thanks guys,

Have always wondered about how effective these were. Think i will give em a miss.

Is 220 per tank about right for around town driving ? 2.4 GL Previa

Cheers

Pete

ive got one and i have seen an increase in performance (only a little cos its a 1.0) but there is a definate difference in the fuel that i consume. i get about 15% more to the gallon

Watcha,

The fuel economy(sic) on my Previa 2.4 is pants(getting about 220 per tank !!!!). I was wondering if anyone has fitted an Ecotek device on theirs to improve this. I will be selling up soon if i cant get a better MPG.

Cheers

Pete

:( :( :(

Is it a 60l tank, if so youre probably about right for a 2.4 pulling a large car. My cars 2.0l with a 60l tank and i get about 280-285 per tank and the general consensus reckons this is about right!