Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Almost Lost It!

Azim

hey everyone!!

i was on my way into uni this afternoon, and it started snowing jus as i was leaving the house.15mins later wen i arrived, i was going round one of those small bumpy paper roundabouts, wen all of a sudden my car started to lose control!!

because the roundabout was so small, i had to turn the steering quite alot. at first the front end went briefly, then by this time the back started going.

i totally s:censor:t myself coz i was only going a couple of miles per hour!i heard they are bad in the wet, but just thought that id advise anyone who has only had their mr" for a very short while (like myself) to take it extremly easy over those little paper roundabout things-they may look harmlss,but boy do are they decieving!!!

Bit of oversteer never hurt anyone ;)

Well, actually it probably did.

First thing I intend to do when I get my MR2 is find a big, wide expanse of tarmac (i.e. an empty carpark) and try and get a feel for where the limits are, in the dry at first! :eek:

if you have good rubber .. it's hard to find the limits .. it's so far beyond what you think ..

Get in in the wet .. a Metro can beat you, if you are not careful ..

if you have good rubber .. it's hard to find the limits .. it's so far beyond what you think ..

Get in in the wet .. a Metro can beat you, if you are not careful ..

Bibbs Your showing you age now :P a metro ??

Hey I used to drive one!

True, with good rubber it's very hard to find the limits in the dry. I've managed it twice, but in the wet, where it's far easier.

after this incident, it got me thinking, maybe i shud put a bit of weight in the front of the car? atleast that way the front wont go so easily? i know theres not much spance there, but will that help at all? just a theory, as the snow is now abt 1inch thick-thats abt 10 more than wot it was on my way in uni!!!!! :help::help:

It can help. I put a bag of heavy sand in mine one, which did improve the cornering. However said sand bag was removed when I took the car off the road. Having driven it since with new tyres, I find the handling fine. WOrth a try though...Remember performance will decrease due to extra weignt

Bibbs Your showing you age now  :P  a metro ??

Rover Metro .. :thumbsup: or a 114i

snows much worse than wet, wet limits are still quite high, i must admit i don't really slow down a great deal in the wet except in the opposite place to where you'd think, i.e. really slow really sharp turns talking 10 -15 mph bends where with to much throttle it pushes the nose straight on, A roads can still safely be cruised at over legal limits, rev2 anyway.

yeah.... my ABS was kicking in like a trooper in the snow.

Take it easy and you should be fine.... no planting your foot in 2nd gear !

Motorway travelling is still as safe as anything in the snow... well as long as you didn't start changing lanes rapidly while accelerating hard I suppose.

I'd rather be accused of "driving miss daisy" (in the snow) and look cool doing it .. than be seen crawling out of a MR2 shaped hole in a hedge ..

yeah... I'm very cautious in wet.. even more so in the snow.

If I have another crash.. mr Insurance will come to my door and take me keys off me. Then slap me on the hand and say " .... no more driving cars Jimlad "

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links