• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• knowlson

• System~G

• Fizz

• Bibbs

Top Posters In This Topic

readings from the dyno pack are more accurate but you do have to do some calculations to get flywheel horsepower and torque.

must admit i agree with bibbs rolling roads are just a lot more exciting with the dynopack its more like giving your car a quick blip with the throttle. also turbo cars dont always hit peak boost as there is no resistance like there is on a rolling road.

just my 2c

Ok any ideas where we can go to do a rolling road then?? we need a central location like coventry/midlands so we can all get to the place!!

Speak to MattMR2 .. he's out in Coventry and held a dyno day somewhere local .. fairly cheap if I remember too !!

got a reply from thor racing

Rates are as follows:-

Normally power run prices are as follows;

#60 2WD

#70 4WD

Dyno days are priced as follows.

with plots of Torque, BHP, AFR, Temps and Pressures.

Minimum number is 1 car.

Maximum number is 18*2WD and 9*4WD cars.

With advance bookings full payment up front. (Cashed 1 week before event)

Number of cars 1->3 4->8 9->14 15->18

Price each 2WD #60 #50 #45 #40 inclusive of VAT

Price each 4WD #70 #60 #55 NA inclusive of VAT

With no advance bookings and no deposit payment

Number of cars 1->3 4+

Price each 2WD #60 #55 inclusive of VAT

Price each 4WD #70 #65 inclusive of VAT

Dates available are...

27/28th March Booked

3/4 April Booked

10/11th April Free

17/18 April Booked

24/25th April Free

1/2nd May Booked

8/9 May Free

Bibbs can you get MattMR2 email address so I can ask him or can you ask him where he held his dyno day mate :thumbsup:

Sounds groovy, don't think it's worth doing on Pete's car though, but I'm sure he'll want to come anyway.

Tom.

just a quick reminder. bloney is on 24th april!

ed

Was about to post exactly the same thing... :thumbsup:

wel... lets hope i have a MR2 Tubby by then.. lol ;)

I think those prices are expensive, am going on a club day in the next 2 weeks the cost is £38 per run and thats on a proper dyno machine. :unsure:

I found Aldon Automotive on the FTO Owners club. They are based in (brummie accent) Dudley (/brummie accent) :P West Midlands (near Birmingham) and could be what we are looking for... I have contacted them and am waiting for more infor relating to pricing etc...

More info about their dyno can be found Aldon Dyno Info Here

for other services just go to their site Here

:thumbsup:

Edit:

I have also just found out that the Lotus Owners Bunch had a successful shootout at Aldon too ;)

I still haven't had any replies... I will try again on the weekend.

theres always nobles ,sirius are you going to nobles on the 13th with GT4OC?http://www.johnnoblemotorsport.co.uk/

I found Aldon Automotive on the FTO Owners club. They are based in (brummie accent) Dudley (/brummie accent) :P West Midlands (near Birmingham) and could be what we are looking for... I have contacted them and am waiting for more infor relating to pricing etc...

Looks good hope they get back to you with a price :thumbsup:

was up in Doncaster .. Top Gear Performance :angry:

Top gear have got a Dyno?

I never knew that?? Its only down the road as well!!!

:rolleyes:

I've been trying to organise a rolling road day with the guys from Toyota GT Turbo forum. I've already organised a price of £47.00 including VAT with Tuning Japanese in Aldershot. They have a 1000bhp 4WD Rolling road, and having been there before with my Evo 4, they put on a pretty good day. I've got nearly 10 people going, but need 20 to get the prices quoted. Is anyone interested? Be good to get as may Toyotas as possible as I'd also like to try and get a feature in one of the Jap magazines.

Here's what you get for your money:

"Each car will have at least two runs. This is order to verify the first power run. We will monitor knock (detonation, using head phones), Air/Fuel ratio using 5 gas, high speed bench, infra red analyser. Boost pressure, (where applicable). The print-outs will be laminated in clear pouches, to include measure values of Power (at wheels and flywheel), Torque, Boost (where applicable) and transmission losses"

As for location, it's pretty good if you're in London or on the south coast, as it's not too far from the M3. Click Here for location

If anyone's interested, let me know and I'll see if we can get it going!

As for location, it's pretty good if you're in London or on the south coast, as it's not too far from the M3. Click Here for location

Sound good I have never been there or even heard of them :lol::lol: it 's funny because my girlfriend used to live in fleet and work in aldershot :lol::lol:

I have contacted Aldon via direct email (not online form) and hope to hear from them soon. If not I will phone them during the week.

I have also found another place in Northampton that has a SUN system The can do the Dyno Shootout type format easily. I *think* the system can provide readings for up to 500bhp, but the only downside is no 4WD (i.e no GT4's :( ) they only do 2WD front or rear.

It costs £30 per car for numbers up to 20 cars or £25 per car for 21 cars upwards. This includes a printout and will also advise on performance problems and/or mods/tuning needed to reach your preferred running/ouput figures etc... If there is enough time tweeking can be done to aftermarket ECU's too.

Most of their current business is Ford and Vauxhall, but have done and are still willing to do Jap.

Food and refreshments are also available.

Their website address is www.jam-sport.co.uk but it is a very basic site with little info on the Dyno

I've been trying to organise a rolling road day with the guys from Toyota GT Turbo forum. I've already organised a price of £47.00 including VAT with Tuning Japanese in Aldershot. They have a 1000bhp 4WD Rolling road, and having been there before with my Evo 4, they put on a pretty good day. I've got nearly 10 people going, but need 20 to get the prices quoted. Is anyone interested? Be good to get as may Toyotas as possible as I'd also like to try and get a feature in one of the Jap magazines.

I'm intrested, fairly close to home. I can try and drum up more business from the supra club.

I would also be interested in the Tuning Japanese Day its very local for me - only 10 minutes drive away :)

The idea of 2 runs sounds nice aswell, its 4wd which makes me happy :)

You could probably drum up some interest at the GT4OC - there are quite a few members in the area.

Dawesy - I was at Nobles yes - I had a nosey round your car, but didn't really get a chance to chat. Meets always seem to progress so quickly - never get a chance to speak to everyone you meant to - saying that there were a LOT of people there. :)

Guys/Gals,

Thanks for the response. Could you do me a favour and give me a mail if you're interested as I don't check in to this forum to often (I'm usually merrily typing away on www.toyotaownersclub.com)

Please mail me on mark@glanza.co.uk, or add a reply to my post in the above forum.

Thanks

Mark

Right, I have eventually got a reply from Aldon (the guys in Dudley that have done Rolling Roads for the FTO and Lotus peoples) I have copied their reply:

Thank you for your e-mail, in reply to your questions we would charge £20.00 per car for a dyno shootout (plus VAT if an invoice is required).

10-15 cars is ok (20 car maximum) a £50.00 deposit is required to secure a day but unfortunately at present we are extremely busy so unable to confirm any dates at present.

Please contact us again at the end of April when we will have more ideas of dates available.

Regards

Sales & Marketing Department

Aldon Automotive Ltd

Are we going to go with a TOC/LOC event or is everyone wanting to venture off with other clubs?

Based on the times scale on offer from Aldon, it will give us more time to arrange things properly. However, if the numbers are not up for it, then it may be better that everyone joins up with existing events organised by other clubs... Your thoughts please B)

Forums

News

Membership