Do Not Sell My Personal Information

97 Camry With Poor Gas Mileage

MarkWithCamry

I just bought this car and its the 4cyl LE. I am not getting good milage. I have no check engine lights or anything I can think of. Any tips???

Well what are you getting from it?

I have a 2.0 Avensis automatic and are getting around 32MPG, so from a 2.2 Camry I would expect 28-30.

You don't say what your milage is.I have a 99 Camry and get about 20-25 mpg,but I live in Pgh.Pa.which has more than it's fair share of hills.

I'm assuming by mileage you mean the fuel economy and I said around 32mpg.

Also, US gallons are slightly smaller than UK Gallons I think so to get 20-25, is about 28 ish in UK gallons - so it seems ok to me.

If by mileage do you mean how long do they last, well being Toyota it's as long as a piece of string, if you look after it then anywhere between 250-500k is quite possible.

• 5 months later...

I had low mileage problem with my 97 camry, I found out that my Throttle body was filled with carbon and was sticky, I cleaned it with the Motomaster Throttle body cleaner spray in 5 minutes and my car is good as new.