Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

205:45:r17 Interchangeable With 215:40:r17?

peterfoster

Got a Premium Blue Celica and I need to renew all four tyres now. Kwik-Fit are offering 25% off 4 Pirellis until 22.11.08. This works out at £107.25 each all in for the Pzero Assimetric or £101.25 for the P7000 or PZero Nreo.

I suppose I have two questions.

1. Do these look reasonable prices?

2. Can I choose between 205:45:R17 and 215:40:R17? I'm running the former at the moment but Kwik-Fit tell me I can run the latter without any problems.

Any comments or advice from the cognescenti would be gratefully received.

I do around 10k per year and my current set of Pirelli Pzero Assimetricos have to date carried me 37k miles and are down to around 2.5mm. I don't generally "tear around" or indulge in "Grid-line" starts at traffic lights.

The prices are reasonable for Pirelli's but I'd be tempted to fit Good Year Eagle F1 or Yokohama Parada2 which are cheaper and have more grip.

As regards the two sizes, Kwik Fit are correct in advising the 215/40 is acceptable, but, the ride quality will suffer on a 40 profile so my advice is to fit either 205/45 or 215/45.

Delivered prices from Camskill:

205/45 Parada2 £88.00

215/45 Eagle F1 £79.00

HTH :)

Thanks, Scarlett Arrow. What's longevity like on the two tyres you mention, please bearing in mind that I've done 37k on my current set of Pirellis.

As a general rule, the softer the compound, the greater the grip. On that basis, the Pirelli's are likely to last the longest. It all depends on what is more important to you, you've done very well to get 37K out of any set of Tyres. Personally I'm not a fan of the Assimetrico as they have a tendency to go out of shape when fitted to the rear of a Gen 7. I'd fit the Parada's in 205/45 as they have an excellent reputation but obviously it's your money, your choice :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links