Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Diesel Tuning Chip

Beagh1958

I am aware of Forum User who supplies D4D tuning chips. Can anybody tell me if these are an official kit supplied by Toyota main dealers or just a kit that has been sanctioned for use via Toyota. Have Avensis 11 2003 model with 116bhp D4D engine, any advice welcome. Have checked threads on other kits but i am a bit aware of claims made, big power & torque increases with superior fuel consumption. But most kits seem to be light on technical info, any help much appreciated.

I don't know of any official Toyota or Toyota-sanctioned diesel tuning chip kits.

I've ordered a Diesel Tuner System Spider kit. I expect to get it this week. If anyone is interested I can let people know how it turns out over time. It seemed the best for my needs - an increase in power when needed otherwise better fuel economy. I've driven a 2.2L so I can tell subjectively whether it turns out to be more powerful. I log my fuel consumption so I can give an objective assessment of that.

I suspect this will all take about 6 months. If you've looked at all the current kits available, what do you feel is the best? It sounds as though you are sceptical so let's hope you get some feedback from people who have fitted them on Avensis. Of course there may be other non-Toyota forums with feedback too.

For your car here are the figures from the web site Diesel Tuner Systems Spider for Toyotas - 116 => 27% increase in power, 25% increase in torque. You could always phone them if you need more information.

Your right about huge thread, BM boys seem more than happy with unit. Contacted company in regards to more tech info, awaiting reply. Would be nice to get some more feedback from Avensis owners on forum as to yes or no on the spider kit.

Sorry, as to current kits available have not made my mind up. I find some of the claims made by some suppliers a bit far fetched, quite a few companies ( no names ) when tech question posed suggest you read claims made on websites, not really the answer i am looking for. Will await to see if any postings in favour of spider kit are posted.

anyone what the difference is between the Spider units and the standard units apart from the price?

I would guess that the major difference is their adaptive mapping. I guess you've already read this: Spider unit description. Why not give them a ring if that doesn't answer your questions?

I am aware of Forum User who supplies D4D tuning chips. Can anybody tell me if these are an official kit supplied by Toyota main dealers or just a kit that has been sanctioned for use via Toyota. Have Avensis 11 2003 model with 116bhp D4D engine, any advice welcome. Have checked threads on other kits but i am a bit aware of claims made, big power & torque increases with superior fuel consumption. But most kits seem to be light on technical info, any help much appreciated.

Hi I have a unit supplied by Lindop Toyota. It was used on my previous car a 2003 2.00 116 bhp and is now fitted to my 2008 2.2 150 bhp, on both cars there is a marked increase in power and flexibility also if driven sensibly then I get around 10% increase in fuel economy.

This unit connects directly to the injectors and re times them, I have previously tried the type that fit to the common rail pressure sensor and found them totally useless on Toyota cars. :rolleyes:

Hi

Sorry for the delay coming back on this one. Yes they work in a different way and plug directly between the injectors and leads this way they can actually tell what revs the engine is at and then retime the injector to give the best performance and economy.

Definitely worth having.

Cheers.

To revband,

Thank you for info, apologies for late posting. Contacted above company & have been awaiting reply with some tech answers , no contact received. Lindop Toyota appear more to my liking.

• 2 months later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links