Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Battery

chrisb

does anyone have an uprated Battery

if so could u tell me the model no and make

as i do not know what would be suitable?

i will have quite a large sound system 1600 watts max!

Cheers!

i was gonna use an optima yellow top but then decided to refit my split charge system from my old car which uses two normal yaris batterys

:thumbsup:

well basically ive got two batterys which are charged by one alternator and controlled by a little box of tricks (a big relay!)

when the ignition is off the 2nd Battery is separated from the cars electrical system but is still connected to the ICE. this means i could have a sound off and flatten the 2nd Battery but still be able to crack the car up on the first one!

the box connects the 2nd Battery back into the chargin system once the engine is running, which then charges the battery back up again.

the benfit is the car has its origninal supply to work from and doesnt have to compete with the install, it also stops lights dimming etc....

only thing is i could do with a bigger alternator becasue the other one is under strain a bit by now.

theres lots of ways to do it, my particualr system relays on the batters to be both identical aswell due to the regualtor on the alternator coming on and off.

:thumbsup:

you can get a special split charger that can charge any type of different batterys but is about 250 quid!

i got an upratted Battery but it depends on ur build on the Yaris some of them have a Japaneese fitment with smaller terminals and positive and negative different way round. I was lucky an exide 065TE fits with a small mod to the tray but its makes a big difference