Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2003 Sequoia Sr5 Question?

Sangvtp

Hi,

Just bought a brand new 2003 Sequoia SR5 couple months ago (16 miles). We love everything about it except that we hear from time to time some clicking noise (around the radio/cd/AC control panel area) when we make a turn. I took it to the toyota dealer and they told me that there is nothing wrong with it. I don't know if mine is the only one with this problem. The dealer said it has something to do with electronic control relay sound or something like that. Also, I plan to put in a navigation system but do not know what is best or is there a way to put one in. In addition. sometime, when the AC is on, it produced some unpleasant odor??? Any help or suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Sam

The unpleasant odor, sort of like rotten eggs, does not come from the a/c, it is related to hard acceleration and the anti-pollution catalytic converter. I also have a 2003 SR5 and I have noticed the odor even with the a/c off and with the windows close or open but always right after I step on the gas hard. It only lasts for a minute or less.

I have read quite a few other postings about the same issue in different web site clubs.

Juan C. Vega

• 2 weeks later...

The clicking sound that you mentioned I hear it from time to time, but nothing that I would consider annoying, then again I always have the stereo on so maybe that buffers the sound.

The odor also went a way, they told me it had to do with new a car and some excess lubrication

. :blink:

Occasionally when is cold I can smell that funny smell but that is from the catalytic converter, then again I live in the Bay Area, CA so it does not get that cold :D

Now is my turn:

I do think it was pretty stupid that Sequoia does not offer any GPS system, I was just wondering what are you considering, because from what I have seen I have choices between losing the current stereo system, or adding a hide-away DVD ROM and monitor which not only would clutter that area, but would be somewhat distracting.

Also, does anyone have a good suggestion for a rear view camera with Small monitor.

Any help is appreciated

Diving Mullah

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links