Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Left 4 Dead

jaxx

Sure some folks have noticed the hype about this, well its out tomorrow, and as far as im concerned its going to be one of the best FPS games of ALL time!

**** amazin!

Out on PC (inc. Steam) and XBox360

http://www.l4d.com/home.php

Dont forget to join tocgc if your on PC and using Steam :)

http://www.xfire.com/clans/tocgc/

Was playing the demo for the past 2 days and it's great fun.

Played it on Normal the first few times then bumper it straight up to Advanced. Man that's crazy! Recommend it for anyone that just loves blasting the crap out of moving brainless things! (Including your team mates! :P)

Played it online Co-op with my brother, would have even been better with 4 of us!!

It's just like living the 28 days later film... wouldnt say its one of the best but it is good!

it does have a slight 28 days feel... but that was a pap film :lol:

I do like when the bile zombies go pop followed by a hoard rush of about 2 dozen pleb zombies :)

Nothing finer than discharging you Remington in said undeads grill :D

Hubby has been playing the demo on the Xbox for a few days now, so I pre-ordered it for his birthday.

It does look awesome, when I said a few months ago about a RE4 alternative, I think he's found it!!

• 2 months later...

I bought this on friday but didn't get to play it until last night....

Unfortunately the mrs was watching "america's next top model" rather loudly which kind of detracted from the atmosphere :(

Yeah its a bit short lived after you have battered the 4 available campaigns, but there is extra content coming sometime soon

They mainly chucked out a "short" game to get it on the market.

It is awesome though, brilliant if you have pent up rage :D

No sooner said than done, Valve have let loose that new DLC will be coming soon today :D

From Steam:

Left 4 Dead Critic's Choice Edition, DLC and SDK Details Revealed

February 5, 2009, 10:47 am - Alden Kroll - Press Release

Valve's Zombie Thriller Expanding In 2009

February 5, 2008 — Valve, creators of best-selling game franchises (such as Half-Life, Portal, Team Fortress, and Counter-Strike) and leading technologies (such as Steam and Source), today announced a series of content and development releases for its latest title, 2008's best-selling new game property for the PC and Xbox 360, Left 4 Dead (L4D).

The first L4D DLC — dubbed the L4D Survival Pack -- is due for release this spring and introduces a new multiplayer game mode entitled, Survival, plus two complete campaigns for Versus Mode . A Critic's Choice Edition of the game will be heading to retail stores this spring, and will include access to all the content introduced in the L4D: Survival Pack.

In addition, for PC gamers and aspiring developers, the first Left 4 Dead release for the Source Software Development Kit (Source SDK) will allow the creation of custom Left 4 Dead campaigns that will be discoverable via L4D's matchmaking system. The SDK update is also due for release this spring, and is free of charge to all owners of L4D on the PC.

"Since Half-Life launched in 1998, Valve has made continuous efforts to expand the offering of its products beyond what's included on the day of launch," said Gabe Newell, co-founder and president of Valve. "With Half-Life and Counter-Strike, and more recently Team Fortress 2, we've learned that we're no longer making stand-alone games but creating entertainment services. With Left 4 Dead we're extending that tradition by creating additional gameplay and releasing our internal tools to aspiring developers so they may also create and distribute new Left 4 Dead experiences."

Left 4 Dead is a survival action game from Valve that blends the social entertainment experience of multiplayer games such as Counter-Strike and Team Fortress with the dramatic, narrative experience made popular in single player action game classics such as the Half-Life series of games. Released in November of 2008, L4D has earned over 25 industry awards from outlets around the world.

For more information, please visit www.l4d.com

• 3 months later...

L4D2 out in November :D

L4D2 is...

Just the content they needed to upate L4D! L4D wasn't complete in the first place, it lacked things to make it feel like a full game.

L4D2 is basicly all of the stuff it needed, for the same price! It's unlike Valve to make you buy additional stuff, maybe times are hard... :lol:

It's also very unlike Valve to rush games through.

I may buy it eventually though..

Oh I will be definately be buying Left 4 Dead 2. Valve have always delivered top quality games, and L4D was no exception. The sequel looks like it will be delivering everything that was missing from the first. I look forward to it immensly.

Same here. It will bew epic I'm sure. I'm still hooked on survival mode online lol.

I suck but its still funny as hell.

I found it a litle dispointing to be honest... A proper single player story type thing would have been better Like half life, but keeping the online bits, obviously!

I keep going back to Dead Space... which is aesome ;)

I found it a litle dispointing to be honest... A proper single player story type thing would have been better Like half life, but keeping the online bits, obviously!

I keep going back to Dead Space... which is aesome ;)

Dead Space is the scariest game ever!

I love it though. I've downloaded some of the weapon packs etc. Makes them really powerful and you get a BFG like in DOOM 3(Also epic)