Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Paseo Taillights

matt_hillyard

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 97paseo

• matt_hillyard

• Paseo

• mellow_yellow

Yeah! both silver too. I borrowed it when i was in my first year of uni. Pretended it was mine. Then felt fake. So got my own. :D

:lol: Nice!

I don't have any problems with rubbing on mine but then I'm on Spax springs & I think Dymchurch is on Pi? Can't remember what my tyres are but I'll look for you if you like.

It isn't an uncomfortable ride just a more bumpy, if you try to avoid large potholes it's fine!

New springs are gona be next on the shoppin list.

My dad had a seo but then got a new style MR2. My mums got a new rav4. Were all toyota mad!!!

I must admit being able to plant my seo better into the corners would be awesome.

97paseo, when you tinted the rear clusters what do the coppers say? Will it still pass its MOT? Would it invalidate my insurance?

Its just the coppers in my area are clamping down on modified cars in my area and thats the sort of thig that they would check. :(

Thanks everyone for the posts, TOC is a really cool club to be a part of. thanks. :thumbsup:

97paseo, when you tinted the rear clusters what do the coppers say? Will it still pass its MOT? Would it invalidate my insurance?

I've never been stopped but then my plate's not on the PNC so if they run it they most likely wouldn't bother stopping me.

As for MOT I've not gone through one since I did it, although you can easily take it off, I have to re-apply every now & again anyway as it comes off naturally as I didn't put a lacquer on it. You could always just put one coat on so it's not to red-ish.

As for insurance I wouldn't worry about it although I take it you've declared the alloys? :unsure: If not do it now!!!

Thanks everyone for the posts, TOC is a really cool club to be a part of. thanks. :thumbsup:

:yes: :D :thumbsup:

yeah thats all been sorted.

I must admit now i have 17s on my seo the amount of extra attention you get is amazing. I have only seen a few seos in suffolk so seeing one with some mods really does pull crowds.

Is the cluster spray put on the outside of the clusters? Do you have to remove the clusters to spray them? Would it come off when washing your car then?

Yea I've noticed that about the 17's, had mine on for a few months now, 15's before that.

The cluster spray goes on the outside, removing them would be best. If you only put a couple of light coats on & no lacquer I found it did come off gradually as you washed but then I wash mine an awful lot! :D

I did do a guide to doing it but it was lost when we had a big site crash about two months ago. I'll try & dig it out & re-post.

Remember to mask up the reflector though or you'll get trouble, at first I sprayed the reversing light red as well:

after.thumb.jpg

but found it looked pink after a while so left it white/gray after that & it looks good (see attachment).

post-47-1074268782.jpg

that really does look good. :D

I think that sparying the clusters will be on the cards soon as i know the spray is not that expensive. The only thing that i worry bout doing it is that it seems to take the shine off the clusters. Is there anyway to get an original shine without using laquer?

Wouldn't have thought so, but they're not as 'mat' in person as they look in the pics, took those with my old digi camera which is really bad!

Spray is less than a tenner, see attachment for pic.

Curbed one of my alloys about half hour ago :crybaby: , wish we hadn't started talking about them now! :rolleyes:

post-47-1074273363.jpg

Here's a better pic of mine with the tints from JAE last year, it's an old pic though - 15's not lowered, no p/plate...my haven't I come far. :D

101_0148.sized.jpg

really sorry to hear bout the alloys, i curbed one of my 17s but replaced it with a spare 17 i bought. I know that feeling of i wish it wasnt me!

Is it a bad curb? Its one of those things that is more noticable to you though as you know its there.

Ill prob get some of that spray soon and post pics when its all done.

Any idea of the leagal side of getting masks for the taillights or more making them?

I thought bout getting a silver sunstrip or some thing and cutting holes out for the lights. Any ideas or views on doing that?

It's only the edge of the rim but its annoying! :ffs:

You could have a go with light masks but I'm not sure about how that would come out... <_<

Sunstrip material would sit funny in the ridges on them I think, you could give it a go. :)

might give it a go ill see how close the silver of the sunstrip is to the colour of my car.

But prob give the spray a go first tho as i know its a tried and tested method.

I think that curbing your alloys is one of the most annoying thing that you can do to your car, i know how you feel. :ffs:

Are the alloys a straight silver colour? When i did mine i spoke to a local referb place and they couldnt do mine becuase of the hyper grey colour but if they are silver and they can match the colour it can sometimes be quite a resonable priced fix.

Hope that helps a bit

They're high power silver, see my avatar. I'll live it!

Just noticed in your signiture you've got 6x9's, how did you fit them in? I know others have managed but I gave up in the end!

6x9s in a 1996 PASEO

fitting 6x9s in the seo is a job and a half becuase of the low rear window.

Firstly to get the old ones out you need to disconnect the cables from the old Speakers. After doing this you then need to get the shelf actually out of the car.

This is done by unclipping and removing the plastic bits at the side of the shelf. Now, push the plastic screws/clips holding the shelf down, up. The plastic srews/clips can be found in the boot and normally need a good squeeze to move. (Don't forget these are attached to the shelf, don't pull them off!) Now the shelf should just come out.

Once the shelf is out this is the easy bit. You now need to remove the old Speakers and speaker covers. You should have a riser for the 6x9s (A bit of plastic that is the same size as the speaker, You can make the same thing out of MDF), use this when marking the shelf to cut the hole as the metal under the shelf will not allow the 6x9s to sit right. Mark out where the new 6x9s will go and cut out the 6x9 hole. (Although there will already be a hole this is not big enough)

It is now a case of !Removed! the 6x9s into the shelf. I chose to recover the shelf in sub box material.

Now putting the shelf and Speakers back in. You need to be careful as there is not a lot of room to move. Slide the shelf back into the car. It may be a bit tough with the widow but it will go.(dont force it too much if it wont go as you dont want to break the rear window.)

With all the clips and screws in place just put the corner pieces back in and it should be just a case of wiring them up.

This normally means that you have to cut the old connectors off an wire up the new connectors for the speakers.

And thats how i fitted 6x9s. Please, if you do choose to fit 6x9s in your paseo don't take my advice as 100% perfect im only taking from my experience.

See pics of the 6x9 in at

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

Bring your car to the states, Cris and I will put them in for you! He works at Best Buy, and I did all my own custom work. :P

My shocks are on 73k, and no probs here. I'm about to put on some Dropzone Coilovers, but we'll see how the money thing goes first

Any word on those Zenons, J?

yeah that the sort of thing that i was talking bout with the taillight covers.

Either that or tinting them with the spray.

Wat does everyone think of the taillight covers?

Personally I wouldn't get them if they looked like the one's above.. <_<

Tinting is the best option I think, but then I'm biased! :rolleyes: :D

Just found these light covers, not sure where they're from, thought it looked like what you're after Matt.

408215_46.jpg

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/408215

:thumbsup:

those are from xracing, they are *cut yourself* light covers.

best choice ive found, havnt done it, this is Lil's paseo (shes gone now i belive :( ).

seo.jpg

Skyline R33 Rear Lights.

Look mint and youll confuzzel ppl out there as what u drive >D

Wat does everyone think of the taillight covers?

Please don't cut them like that. Do a better design. But do get the taillight covers, they can look pretty tight. And yes, Lillian's car got jacked up by some dip-wad driver who ran a stopsign.

I cant believe that a car of beauty like that can go!!! :crybaby:

I really like the idea of usong different taillights. Ive seen sone phase 1 impreza lexus style that look a similar shape to the seo. I might look into that as thats another option that ive just discovered.

SU30L69.jpg

Do you think that there modifiable to fit a gen 2 seo? (The lights will need turning up the other way tho!!)

Anything can be poss if you've got the cash!

There's a pic about on the net of a 2G with Civic rears, not that nice though. <_<

Oli_Paseo's mate from Autovision swapped Seat Ibiza rears onto his MR2, see this months Redline & attachment. :thumbsup:

post-47-1074514800.jpg

Thats one mad MR2.

I think i may have to look further into fitting those impreza rear lights becuase if im gona be spraying a kit it might be worth looking into how much work would be needed to change those lights and get it all done at once!

dont do impreza lights, they are too big for the car.

trust me, i own both cars and i personally reckon you need a more slimline light cluster the the scooby's to make the seo look right.

the seo is a lot more sleek looking and the bigger scooby lights will ruin that effect imo.

post-47-1074515990.jpg

the seo is a lot more sleek looking and the bigger scooby lights will ruin that effect imo.

Good point, thats what the Civic conversion looked like.

By the way Mellow once again :drool: :D love that Scoob. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links