Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lights Come On By Themselves

Hideaki81

Hello all I would really appreciate some help...

I have noticed that when I leave my 2004 corolla outside in weather that bitterly cold (ie. single digit weather) my car's day time running lights will suddenly turn on!!!!!! (Only the front headlights).....

This phenomenon has caused my Battery to die 3 times this winter!!! but a strange thing is that when I was jumpstarting my car for only 10 sec and I messing around with the negative cable... all of a sudden a few sparks came from the terminal... and i noticed again my daytime lights came on and I was able to start the car AGAIN~~~ weird!!

does anyone know a solution.... or a way to turn off the sensor for the daytime running lights

THANK YOU!!!

is the handbrake up? sometimes on modern vechicles the driving lights stay off if the handbrake is up. (but thats with the motor running) try it any ways and see if it works.

I have noticed that the lights stay on with the handbrake up AND the motor on but I will try it when the motors off and see what happens..... Tomorrow I'll be taking it in to the dealer.... from what I've read online it seems that the headlight switch might need replacing but I stilll feel that it's something else....

Anyway thanx for all your help..... and if anyone else has some more input it would be greatly appreciated

• 1 year later...

Hi there!

I have the same problem with my 2003 Corolla. Did you get the problem fixed? What was the problem ?

Thanks

Venu

Hello all I would really appreciate some help...

I have noticed that when I leave my 2004 corolla outside in weather that bitterly cold (ie. single digit weather) my car's day time running lights will suddenly turn on!!!!!! (Only the front headlights).....

This phenomenon has caused my battery to die 3 times this winter!!! but a strange thing is that when I was jumpstarting my car for only 10 sec and I messing around with the negative cable... all of a sudden a few sparks came from the terminal... and i noticed again my daytime lights came on and I was able to start the car AGAIN~~~ weird!!

does anyone know a solution.... or a way to turn off the sensor for the daytime running lights

THANK YOU!!!