Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sub Position

vmail

which way is the best position for the sub and port (hole)

mine's faceing the back...and port facing sideways.

apparently its good to have the sub face the back, sounds alot better, i heard something about the sound waves travelling longer hence sounding better? no clue, dont quote me on that.

but i have shifted my box around and it does sound best like that.

what sub do you have(or are going to buy)?

its a blue kenwood 12" 600w

ITEM6645.JPG

The port on the box is on the top (the smallest side)

the sub is on the left side of the car because of my wiring, at the mo The port is pointing to the back of the car and the sub is pointing diagonally (upward/back)

The Dealer told me that its better to get a 100-220W amp for the 600w sub instead of a 600W amp, was he right?

no im afraid he was wrong on that one, that your sub will be underpowered and sound dodgy mate as soon as u turn it up it will distort. u need over 600W amp for your sub

ok the bass on the head unit is 0, how high will the input be on the 600w amp?

I have that very sub my boot and it sounds F :censor: ING good. Running from a JBL Amp and getting about 300Watts bridged over 2 channels if i remember correctly, also got a Cap in there, but its a good sounding sub. B)

I had a 300W 10" JBL sub in the past, deeper bass than a 12" Alpine 500W, but the JBL didnt last longer maybe cos I had a 360W amp, but the amp was only at 1/2 power

its a case of trying it in different positions and seeing which one ya like best to be honest.

facing it away is the best way to get the best overall sound, mine face into the the car which makes them alot easier to control

as for the wattage its more important to match the RMS values than the max wattage which believe it or not is a 'ghost' figure and is very misleading

:thumbsup: