Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wireless Av Sender For Tv's ?

UKDM323

Anyone has knowledge on them or got one? im getting a flat screen TV for my room soon since i dont have a aerial socket in my room & most flat screens i seen dont have internal aerials?+ the reception isnt as good, i dont really fancy doing the wiring & drilling to get to the loft & heard about a wirless AV sender(whatever is called?) that connects from main TV downstairs to more less anywhere in the house? anyone know about this & easy to install ?

Thanks

Anyone has knowledge on them or got one? im getting a flat screen TV for my room soon since i dont have a aerial socket in my room & most flat screens i seen dont have internal aerials?+ the reception isnt as good, i dont really fancy doing the wiring & drilling to get to the loft & heard about a wirless AV sender(whatever is called?) that connects from main TV downstairs to more less anywhere in the house? anyone know about this & easy to install ?

Thanks

I think you will still have to have an aerial, what the wireless av sender does , is allow you to send a signal to additional tv's in your house without the necessity to add additional aerials

But to make sure , why don't you check it out with GOOGLE

Thanks

I think you will still have to have an aerial, what the wireless av sender does , is allow you to send a signal to additional tv's in your house without the necessity to add additional aerials

But to make sure , why don't you check it out with GOOGLE

Thanks, a aerial i can live with, rather than just relying on a internal aerial hence reception wont be as good which what i got at the moment above my ancient TV :rolleyes: . already searched on google & yahoo alot of sites dont say anything about an aerial apart from one on some of the av senders that has them sticking up.

dont do it you you have/use the following

microwave

mobile phone

wifi

bluetooth

You cannot just leave it there..................please expand on the reasons why?

Probably because they all hover near the 2 ghz mark and cause interferance ;)

Probably because they all hover near the 2 ghz mark and cause interferance ;)

yup, and also any RF devices

Yes I have used an AV sender and yes they do interfere with wifi signals and cordless phone handsets as well as other items sharing the radio spectrum they use.

In my case they AV sender was stronger than the wifi so I got very degraded wifi and poor TV signal. It depends which of your devices is putting out the strongest signal as to which device suffers the most.

However if you never watch TV while you are using your wifi you can just switch the AV sender and your wifi signal on and off as required.

Yeah never thought of the interference! has anyone used a 'flat aerial' ? that fits behind a flat screen TV ? not sure what reception be like or may even get a aerial extension kit i think is best thats if i can access the cable in the loft & if is easy to fit.

yea heard that them things are pretty crap, i was close to buying one at one point but decided against it after reading reviews on Amazon. when you say a flat aerial, do you mean scart socket?

yea heard that them things are pretty crap, i was close to buying one at one point but decided against it after reading reviews on amazon. when you say a flat aerial, do you mean scart socket?

nah a flat aerial fits behind the flat screen TV, the indoor ones that is, its somthing like this

21R4E9JED1L._SL500_AA250_.jpg

though not sure if indoor ones got good reception or i should settle making use with the outside aerial.

You dont need an aerial for the recieving tv. But yes the wifi, wireless cctv and the av senders all run on a 2.4 ghz frequency. There is a way around this ... maplin electronics do a 5.8ghz frequency video sender and reciever!! www.maplin.co.uk the order code is A00HR They actually do work ... as i sell them at work :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links