Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Battery Charger And Jump Leads

Tyler

Can anyone recommend suitable jump leads and Battery charger for a RAV 4-D4 (Diesel). The jump leads I used on Saturday morning are no better than my washing line! I also need a decent Battery charger. Someone did mention a trickle charger but where would I get one of these from (in North Essex)?

Ta very much

it's not quite what you're after, but after years of being late for work waiting for a neighbour to appear and jump my electrically challenged Audi, I got one of these

>> Jump Starter <<.

Genius things.

If you're just after leads then any heavy duty jump lead will do - but you do get what you pay for.

There was a mention somewhere about a solar trickle charger that keeps the Battery topped up using the power of day.............

I think they are about a tenner at Maplins at the moment.

Hi Guy`s

MAPLIN are selling SOLAR BATTERY CHARGERS for £9.99, code L58BF.

Get yourself one for Xmas !!!

There you go once more.

I'm assuming your Battery was suddenly flat on Saturday.

It might just need a good charge but it could also be 'on its way out' they don't last forever.

Get it drop checked.

The cold weather is usually what shows up a dying Battery as they don't hold their charge so well.

You might do just as well to replace it. Although a good trickle charger will always come in useful along with a power pack. I've had one for years and it saves a lot of hassle messing about with jump lead and having to position vehicles

I bought one of those power packs as I got fed up with the poor batteries in the RAV not able to hold charge by itself for over a week (Battery replaced one and new one tests good - Mr T says "that's how it is" :rolleyes: )

I bought one of those power packs as I got fed up with the poor batteries in the RAV not able to hold charge by itself for over a week (battery replaced one and new one tests good - Mr T says "that's how it is" :rolleyes: )

Had my Rav from new XT2 couldn't get the, XT3 as it has leather interior and my wife is allergic to it, so four years old now. Still got the original Battery with no problems. Never yet gone flat. This could be tempting fate though.

should be OK :) - my problem was (is!) that sometimes the car is not used for a week or more as I work from home,and the alarm and stuff are just enough to drop the voltage enough to stop it starting. if you use the RAV reguarlly, should be no problem :thumbsup: But when it comes to having to buy a new Battery, I'll be getting a bigger one!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links