Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Battery Issues

Neil1982

Hello all,

Just a quickie, just wondering if anybody knows what Battery i need for my 1994 Toyota Celica 2.0L st202 gen 6.

Somebody before me has stuck a really small Battery on their which is not the right one. Just wondered what everyone else's has on their's.

Many thanks.

Neil.

buy the biggest ampage Battery that fits the tray - varta is a good choice.

buy the biggest ampage battery that fits the tray - varta is a good choice.

ive got a sub+amp+power cap fitted and I was told not to buy too high amperage Battery as it could burn all wires as well. Dont remember exactly, but thats what i was explained. Unless its wrong??

are amps etc not meant to have their own power supply ///?/?????

• 2 weeks later...

Thebit about too big an amperage capacity Battery burning wires out is complete rot.

Fuses protect over-current situations.

The load, ie the amp when in use, determines how much current is drawn and the Battery will deliver what is needed up to it's capability/capacity. If the Battery is underrated then when you turn on lights, heaters, wipers etc they will either be dim, not work, go slow etc. What happens is that the battery voltage collapses until you turn something off again when if it's in good shape it will recover.

So, a big battery will keep everything going. An underrated battery, at best, will stop working as a battery. At worst it will fail or even overheat.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links