Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

12v Supply

TK41

Just like all other owners of the Mk3 I have the problem of not being able to see diddly squat at night once I close my car door. We then end up fiddling and scratching the facia to find the key hole for the ignition and my son struggles to locate his seat belt. Now I know it sounds boy racer but I would like to fit some small neon's that can be operated from outside the car. So that when I close the door I can still see whats happening. The only problem being I need a permanent 12v supply. Does anyone know where I can easily pick this voltage up from without having to run new looms from the back. Or is it easier than I thought to do that. Tried the lighter and thats controlled by the ignition. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi you should be able to pick one up from behind the radio easy to get to aswell.

Take the 2 silver covers off on the legs there is 2 screws either side

Pull the heater panel off then the side legs 2 the radio will come off and the just take the radio out 4 screw and the radio should pull out if i was you i would make sure you put swith in when you do it to a perm feed so you dont flatten the batt.

If its the sony radio it will be the yellow wire which is the pern feed if not get a multimetre job done

Hope this helps Daz

Hi you should be able to pick one up from behind the radio easy to get to aswell.

Take the 2 silver covers off on the legs there is 2 screws either side

Pull the heater panel off then the side legs 2 the radio will come off and the just take the radio out 4 screw and the radio should pull out if i was you i would make sure you put swith in when you do it to a perm feed so you dont flatten the batt.

If its the sony radio it will be the yellow wire which is the pern feed if not get a multimetre job done

Hope this helps Daz

Thanks Daz, I will give it a go. :thumbsup:

Not sure if this is a bit late, but I found this on another roadster website.

Could help you.

CLICKY

Still an ignition live though ;)

No worries I took the car to a local mechanic and he sourced the permanent supply from the radio and just left a loom of wire for me to position the control box wherever I wanted. It only took him 10 min so he didn't charge me, great eh !!! Fitted the neons myself now and they look great and provide that extra light needed. Extra bonus is my son thinks dads car is now cool B)

Thanks to all for your advise

Extra bonus is my son thinks dads car is now cool B)

You mean to say he didn't think the car was cool already! ;)

Glad it was an easy fix, do they look good? Perhaps a piccy for us to see...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links