Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Corolla Ae82 & Ae92

Mr KE70

Does any clever soul out there no if there is a big difference in the sills on the AE82 & AE92 ???

Basically would a AE92 sill substitute an AE82 Sill ???????

Likewise the 4 door AE82 shape, would this Sill be a good substitute for the AE82 ???

:D

Your thoughts plz...!!!

yes bro,

i dont think they are the same as the ae82.

if ur after ae82 sills den try jibby, coz i know he had a set on eBay some time ago.

let us know how the restoration is going on the limited gt.

AE92 sills are bigger all round, wide etc.

However AE82 4 door would be good repair panel provinding corrosion has not creeped up the rear side quarter.

Where exactly has your sills corroded - is it just rear section (which is very common) ? ...if so you may be better buying rear wheel arch repair as part of this 'runs' into rear sill section (cut of what you need etc.). Or ... it may be neater to make your own repair section/small 'back section' panel, providing you seam weld bit that joins old sill and along top area that joins rear quarter panel it will be fully acceptable for M.O.T.

:)

However AE82 4 door would be good repair panel provinding corrosion has not creeped up the rear side quarter.

Where exactly has your sills corroded - is it just rear section (which is very common) ? ...if so you may be better buying rear wheel arch repair as part of this 'runs' into rear sill section (cut of what you need etc.). Or ... it may be neater to make your own repair section/small 'back section' panel, providing you seam weld bit that joins old sill and along top area that joins rear quarter panel it will be fully acceptable for M.O.T.

Im thinking the same.

There dont seem to be any arch repair panels for a AE82. You can get them for the 4 door version but not the hatch. Im not sure how simillar they would be.

After further looking into the sill, it needs possibly the inner welding too...

No rear wheel arch repair panels are available for the AE82 !!!

Unless you know of a place that would be ideal... :-)

I was advised from a friend in Ireland that the 4 door would be a good fit, just may need shortening.... But hopefully another member has located a set of fabricated sills for the 3 door, im waiting on him at moment before I go for the 4 door.....