Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Makes An Owners Club An Owners Club?

sotal

Sorry not been about for a while but I have a quick question..

How do you officially make an owners club for a specific type/make of car? Who lets you? Is there any official body?

Thanks in advance

So if I bought www.thetoyotaownersclub.com and set up a toyotaownersclub copy site nobody would mind?? (that's not what I'm going to do!)

And what about insurance companies who give discounts if you are a member of a owners club, how do you get recognised by them?

Well yes you buy a domain but it helps I think to get some sort of unofficial backing....

Such as I know Steve has contacts within Toyota, who although don't "officially" recognise us, they do allow us access to things like Toyota-branded hospitality suites/banners/etc that are used at events such as JAE

Plus there are quite a few members of Toyota staff who are apparent on the forums...

But the MOST important thing about what makes an owners club an owners club is something you can't buy or ask for.... and thats...

MEMBERS! :lol:

The owners make the club - without a good member structure it's not an "owners club" ;)

So if I bought www.thetoyotaownersclub.com and set up a toyotaownersclub copy site nobody would mind?? (that's not what I'm going to do!)

And what about insurance companies who give discounts if you are a member of a owners club, how do you get recognised by them?

:eek:

I did NOT say no one would mind!! I said its legal!!.... I think, I don't really know, am guessing :lol: well no am pretty sure you could, crap am gonna get banned now!! Thanks!!

Merry Christmas.

What sort of site are you looking to build? There's loads out there....

Because running a forum like this is not easy, it's not plain sailing.... so if there is one out there use that rather than build your own

Although why you would want to leave TOC I do not know... what is wrong with our fine establishment that does not meet your requirements? :P

Thanks for the tips.

The one I am looking at setting up is for a certain model. Currently there is no owners club for just that model but there is one for that model plus a few others. I already have domain names etc for it but don't want to be sued by the other one (which is run for commercial gain).

Getting members will be the fun / difficult part but it's worth a shot!

Any other experiences would be really good!

Thanks again!

P.S After a couple of years without a Toyota I'm now finally looking at coming back, the new shape (well 2001ish) RAV-4's have dropped so much in price, I can't resist getting one!

Although why you would want to leave TOC I do not know... what is wrong with our fine establishment that does not meet your requirements? :P

Nothing wrong with this fine establishment!

I have found this site to have been one of the most useful sites on the internet, it's part of the inspiration behind this, it's just a totally different car!

P.S After a couple of years without a Toyota I'm now finally looking at coming back, the new shape (well 2001ish) RAV-4's have dropped so much in price, I can't resist getting one!

True, but then you would own a RAV-4 :lol:

As Em says you can have any domain you want but the members count!!

And look after them well. As for getting things like discount you need to approach and ask basically!! Helps if you have a member who will do this!!

True, but then you would own a RAV-4 :lol:

??? :unsure: ??? Sorry I'm lost what's wrong with owning a RAV-4??

well, erm, :unsure: but...erm... .....school run

can I introduce you to one of these.....

CLICKY

I have a need for something 4x4 ish, I need to be able to drive across our flat field, I need to be able to tow the trailer, I need to be able to carry hay in the back, I need to carry 2 dogs and a child + me and the missus. I live in the countyside so a 4x4 is more useful round here!

That big rav4 looks excellent!

Well yes you buy a domain but it helps I think to get some sort of unofficial backing....

Such as I know Steve has contacts within Toyota, who although don't "officially" recognise us, they do allow us access to things like Toyota-branded hospitality suites/banners/etc that are used at events such as JAE

Plus there are quite a few members of Toyota staff who are apparent on the forums...

But the MOST important thing about what makes an owners club an owners club is something you can't buy or ask for.... and thats...

MEMBERS! :lol:

The owners make the club - without a good member structure it's not an "owners club" ;)

I totally agree in that what makes a club is the members.... everything else is a bonus :thumbsup:

I have a need for something 4x4 ish, I need to be able to drive across our flat field, I need to be able to tow the trailer, I need to be able to carry hay in the back, I need to carry 2 dogs and a child + me and the missus. I live in the countyside so a 4x4 is more useful round here!

That big rav4 looks excellent!

What.... big! :o .... the RAV is a teeny weeny car :rolleyes: ;) :lol: