Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Anybody Changes The Instruments On Their Corolla E12?

supra25

Hey,

I've been wanting to change my black dials over to white style compressor dials on my T-Sport. Done quite a bit of searching and found little info on how to change the dials or if it's even practically doable.

Cheers,

Odd

I should think it's possible if you can get hold of some dials from a Facelift T Sport ;)

I should think it's possible if you can get hold of some dials from a Facelift T Sport ;)

yes...there is that. Equally interesting would be to hear some experiences from someone who has actually taken the dials out.

I took the entire instrument cluster out quite a while ago with the view of changing the lighting as I don't like the orangey-red with a black background and wanted to change the lights to a soft blue tone. Unfortunately I never managed to fully open up the back of the cluster as it felt like I would have to start snapping pieces to get to the guts of it where the LEDs are, so I gave up and put it all back to how it was again. :(

I took the entire instrument cluster out quite a while ago with the view of changing the lighting as I don't like the orangey-red with a black background and wanted to change the lights to a soft blue tone. Unfortunately I never managed to fully open up the back of the cluster as it felt like I would have to start snapping pieces to get to the guts of it where the LEDs are, so I gave up and put it all back to how it was again. :(

aha...you're just the guy I wanted to get a hold of! :) You have an E12, right?

Was it easy enough to get out or a lot of trouble? I have a LDH Rolla, but figure it's pretty much the same disassembly process. I'm thinking about having a custom cluster made, but before I buy a new clusterset I'd like to find out how hard it is to replace the unit itself.

aha...you're just the guy I wanted to get a hold of! :) You have an E12, right?

Was it easy enough to get out or a lot of trouble? I have a LDH Rolla, but figure it's pretty much the same disassembly process. I'm thinking about having a custom cluster made, but before I buy a new clusterset I'd like to find out how hard it is to replace the unit itself.

Yeah it's really easy to remove. There is a single screw holding it all together. It is located on the underside of the dashboard that protects the instruments from sun glare. After that I seem to remember there were a couple of clips to deal with and the whole things pulls out nice and easily. There there is the wiring loom to unplug and it is free from the car.

I did start a thread a long time back about it. I'll see if I can find it :)

EDIT: Here ya go. Looks like I cancelled my domain hosting 2 days to early So all of the pictures are gone :(

• 3 months later...

So has anyone ever swapped the Black preface for the white Facelift? i would be interested in doing this as im not too keen on the Black dials. would it be a case of swapping the Whole cluster or just the couloured plastic card?

There are people that changed them to f/l dials saw a 02 T-sport on pistonheads with them dials & converted to a f/l stlye CTS with the f/l rear bumpers, lights & fron end, i like to get them dials too, wonder what the price of a new one costs? i never seen them on eBay so not really much chance there

Parts King is your man for that.... or hope someone breaks a F/L CTS on fleabay

Word is that them facelift dials are PRICY..!!! Haven't checked here in Norway, but estimated cost in Sweden is close to £600...!! Now...your UK dials are equally useless for me as "our" dials are to you...hehe

I have basically dropped getting white dials off my mod list due to the sheer cost...and before any tells me to get one off of a scrapped facelift TS.. There are a total of two facelift TS's here in Norway, and neither are scrap ;)

Parts King is your man for that.... or hope someone breaks a F/L CTS on fleabay

I knew that got feeling not gonna like the sound of it, give it a try later jst to see what the prices are lol

Word is that them facelift dials are PRICY..!!! Haven't checked here in Norway, but estimated cost in Sweden is close to £600...!! Now...your UK dials are equally useless for me as "our" dials are to you...hehe

I have basically dropped getting white dials off my mod list due to the sheer cost...and before any tells me to get one off of a scrapped facelift TS.. There are a total of two facelift TS's here in Norway, and neither are scrap ;)

I was thinking prob about £300 in UK even thats way to expensive imo but £600, :o :rolleyes: hope the UK be damm cheaper, i like white dials they were fitted standard in my 03 Mazda 323F 2.0 sport & thats 135bhp reason why i upgraded to a Corolla t sport! lol

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links