Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Newbie Help

robbo516

what is the difference between a mr2 GT T-Bar and a mr2 G limited T-Bar?????

and what are the performance stats for the various models???

im in the market for one at the minute and i know it has got to be either black or white and has to have a t bar, but not sure which model would be best!!! is anyone insured with direct line, they gave my a good quote on a uk car but wondered how much extra they charge for an import.

sorry that is a bit long!!!

mike.

As far as I know the G Limited is 174bhp whereas the others are, well, not that much.

I'm getting one myself but I haven't had loads of time to find out to be honest!

There are a few different versions.

MR2 Coupe (3sfe engine 119 bhp - no spoiler)

MR2 GTi16 (155-174 bhp, UK car, sunroof or t-bar)

MR2 G-Limited (Same as the GTi16, but import, tin top or Tbar)

MR2 GT-S (220-240 bhp, turbo, tin top or T-bar)

MR2 GT (Same as the GT-S but with more toys)

The Non turbos are all about 7.5~8.0 for 0-60's .. the coupe is VERY slow .. and the Turbo's are about 5.5~6.0 0-60.

Turbos seem to be in the high 13's 1/4 mile ..

what is the difference between a mr2 GT T-Bar and a mr2 G limited T-Bar?????

The MR2 GT T-Bar is the UK NA version.

The MR2 G-limited is the Jap NA version.

The Jap version will have air conditioning, whereas the UK version almost certainly won't.

Direct Line are probably not too bad with imports because they have their own car importers JamJar.com.

The MR2 GT T-Bar is the UK NA version.

Or of course, the MR2 GT, as Bibbs has said, could be the Jap turbo model. The UK version isn't all that commonly known as the GTi-16, it tends to just be the GT (as UK Toyota dealers call a UK non T-Bar car).

found some more info:

GT has:

Half-leather and suede seats and door inserts

Wing mirrors with electric folding capability

Tinted glass all round

6-speaker stereo as standard, upgradeable to the 8 speaker "Super Live Sound System"

whereas the GTS gets:

Cloth seats

standard wing mirrors (electric folding not specifiable)

clear glass (tinted glass not a specifiable option)

No stereo system, with both systems being available at additional cost

imoc-uk

G-limited is probs same as GT except non-turbo obviously,a lot of them come over with folding mirrors tho :afro:

standard wing mirrors (electric folding not specifiable)

Funny enough Iv'e seen these on the GT-S too.......I think it MIGHT be an option.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

I *think* all the bits were options .. just that the GT got em all as stock ..

im confused man!!! all i know that i want is a t-bar and i want it with the faster engine and am gonna ring insurance up for a price on an import!

thanks for your help guys but i just cant get my head round it.

try elephant for insurance on an import, they dont seem to charge any different whether its an import or not. you have to phone them tho cos you can apply for an import online!

im confused man!!! all i know that i want is a t-bar and i want it with the faster engine and am gonna ring insurance up for a price on an import!

thanks for your help guys but i just cant get my head round it.

A UK GT car is more powerful than an import G-LTD, and if anyone says it isn't so I suggest you come and drive my two side by side.......whatever the figures say a UK GT car will whip a G-LTD everytime., different torque figures maybe ?

To confuse even more......my GT has leather, no PAS, no air con (why you would need it I don't know.....if it's hot you take the roof off....dont you ?).......no toys at all really...except leccy windows and mirrors........

UK and G-ltd of same age should be the same.. but UK is set to run on 95 ron petrol, Gltd 98 ron, so unless the gltd is run on optimax it won't run quite as toyota intended.

Also 90 - 92 cars (non-turbo) are faster on the road than 93 on cars, this is due mainly to 93 on having a much longer gearing an the power furthur up the rev range. Toyota Officially puts the newer cars half a sec slower to 60 mph

A  UK GT car is more powerful than an import G-LTD, and if anyone says it isn't so I suggest you come and drive my two side by side.......whatever the figures say a UK GT car will whip a G-LTD everytime., different torque figures maybe ?

To confuse even more......my GT has leather, no PAS, no air con (why you would need it I don't know.....if it's hot you take the roof off....dont you ?).......no toys at all really...except leccy windows and mirrors........

Then its down to the weight advantage you have over an equivilent jap G-Limited, not power. Im thinking about ditching my air-con system to save a bit o weight. But i may regret it come summer.