Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

One Good Thing About The Aygo

Demonic Angel

As the Aygo seems to be getting a bit of stick and negativity, I thought it might be nice for each of us to post one good thing you know about the Aygo - a fact, bizarre trivia, a personal observation, anything positive to get people who come here for advice have the bad stuff (leaks etc) and the good stuff (from this thread) to make an observed choice!

My good thing about the Aygo:

The Aygo is 4th in the list of least depreciating cars in Britain.... 60.6% depreciation after 3 years... that's more than a Porsche 911 Carerra and a Lamborghini Murcielago!! :D

Post your Aygo "best bits"!

Got to be the characterful engine which has a wonderful low rev throb for a 1 litre at just above idle and sounds like a mini 911 at over 5000.... if you change down quickly 3 times from 4th to 1st whilst braking from 60 to 20 for a hairpin it makes some good sounds too. Try it on a twisty B road...

Feeling smug when seeing a 107 / C1 driver and shaking your head whistfully whilst tutting and patting the steering wheel in a proud manner comes a close 2nd :yes:

Regards

Andy

:yahoo: It's a cheeky fun car, cheap to run and nippy in traffic. :yahoo:

I prefer driving my Aygo round town and use the big thirsty car for long journeys or when I need the extra space.

Insurance......

Having a ......errrrrm......less than perfect driving record.

Insurance companies are much happier (cheaper) if I drive my Aygo.

And yes, I have the smug feeling when asked "How much to fill up?"

Tax = 2 pizzas!

Ian.

My daily car is an MR2 Roadster but I enjoy driving Anne's Aygo just as much, it is also deceivingly nippy on twisty roads ;)

Les

Well as far as my Aygo Blue goes its...

1. Cheap to Insure

2. Cheap on fuel - I haven't filled up in over a month!

3. Cheap to tax - a fraction of the cost of most cars.

4. Nice To Drive - I love driving my aygo, its nippy in town and brilliant on twisty country roads.

5. Ecological - One of the lowest polluting cars on the market!

6. Feature Rich - bluetooth, Air Con, Electric Windows, ABS, Side airbags. You get lots for the price!

7. Funky - I think it looks fantastic!

8. A Toyota - good make with good residuals.

I have previously owned a Ford Puma and a BMW Mini and I have to say after spending a collective £30000 on those cars (that's not even including the interest on the big loans I had to take to pay them) I have made the best decision ever to go for an Aygo. Its just as much fun to drive, its a fraction of the cost to own and also to run. My Puma insurance was over £1000 a year! Its £160 with the Aygo!

OK its not as refined as a BMW Mini, but its HALF the price, I dont expect it to be! I love my little Aygo and I'll have it for many years to come. People who thinks its a poor car should spend the extra money and buy something else. At the end of the day all cars are just metal, rubber and plastic, some people just choose to spend more on getting one with a designer label.

Here's a topical one

with the big freeze on here in Scotland, the wee Aygo is MUCH better in the ice and snow than , believe it or not, my old Landrover Discovery

I think its the combination of light weight, low inertia and a quick to warm up engine that I'm liking, of course if the snow gets too heavy, its quite the opposite but then you wouldn't send a dachshund out in deep snow ...would you :D :D :D

Here's a topical one

with the big freeze on here in Scotland, the wee Aygo is MUCH better in the ice and snow than , believe it or not, my old Landrover Discovery

I think its the combination of light weight, low inertia and a quick to warm up engine that I'm liking, of course if the snow gets too heavy, its quite the opposite but then you wouldn't send a dachshund out in deep snow ...would you :D :D :D

Hell yes! ;) ....But beware the evil looks :eek:CLICKY :lol:

Good things about my Aygo???

Hmmmm there are sooooooooooooooo many, its hard to choose one in particular!

erm........................................ Its a perfect fit for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub:

Cheap to run (less than half of what my Nissan 100NX cost me per month) and fun to drive and modify.

well good things are :

even for a small car it has very nice styling

its still very spacious inside

you dont have much problem with parking

it handles the road very well

overall its good value for money

its a toyoya

Here's a topical one

Good points about the Discovery, people with off roaders with 4x4 often forget that you cannot change the laws of physics and with all that mass and a low friction road surface you still have to be careful, even more so when pretend offroaders such as BMW X5's and Mercedes have low profile wide sports tyres on them. The Aygo's standard thin 155 tyres should cut through the snow a lot better than 235/40's or what ever.

I once fitted a pair of summer Yokohama A520 185/50's to my Yaris and they got a bit low on tread, got to the first it of snow and as well as only being able to go forwards in a straight line at 10-15mph actually started to slip off the camber to the side of the road they were so bad, so had to keep tacking up the road. Was overtaken by a frustrated Transit driver who needed to get somewhere to sell fake hifi Speakers to someone......

Regards

Andy

Not really important but

CLEVER.

Don't know if you've ever noticed but after driving with the headlights on

and using the rear fog light: When you turn the lights off again, the rear fog light

is turned off automatically.

Watch the switch work, its a piece of marvelousness !

No more driving round looking like a ********* with rear fog light on when its clear.

Ian.

(Wait until its warmer to go out & check it).

ONE?

I cant choose one, I am a rebel so :P

its quirky and charming good looks, its fun to drive, I will stop there as they are my favourite!!

There's a few owners in here that haven't read the title of this thread! :lol:

Or they can't count! :P

There's a few owners in here that haven't read the title of this thread! :lol:

Or they can't count! :P

No its just out Aygos are just so coooool B) we cant contain ourselves. Plus we are rebels.

Don't be jealous, go back to your granddad car. Granddads can count!! :P

:lol:

Been a serious cold snap where I live and every morning's been a cacophony of wheezing, struggling engines as their owners try to coax them into life.

But not my Aygo- first time, every time.

Trrying not to repeat things other people have said me, for me it has to be;

-Passive rear wheel steering eliminating any Lift off Oversteer

-Up to 90mpg and never below 60mpg

-The torqey diesel engine is great on hills

-Tardis like room (i'll show you what I've fitted in on another thread)

-Generally, spare parts can be purchased from Peugeot & citroen for less than Toyota ask

-5 doors

I was in my uncle's AYGO the other month and the seats are so comfortable I could do a journey in that car and go on for miles and miles. Doing 70-80 is so quiet.

Feeling smug when seeing a 107 / C1 driver and shaking your head whistfully whilst tutting and patting the steering wheel in a proud manner comes a close 2nd :yes:

Regards

Andy

eh? strange comment seeing as it's the same car. that would be a bit like seat and vw drivers getting snooty with each other?

personally i like my c1 as it cost less and weighs less hence it's faster and cheaper!

but would you rather drive a car from a more respectable manufacturer? its abit like the kia Ceed n Vauxhall astra! know which one i'd rather have!

plus toyota came up with the idea first.. and the trims/extra's are alot nicer than that of the c1's & 107's... cheaper too! win win all round :D

My favourite bit is the full size spare wheel.

I've moaned for years about the skinny "space saver" wheels fitted to bigger cars. When you look underneath them the spare wheel well is often not the lowest part of the car so it could be made deeper to accommodate a full size wheel. Manufacturers should be honest and call them Price Saver Wheels.

Well done to Toyota for fitting a full size spare but I wish it had been an alloy on my Aygo Black.

Well done to Toyota for fitting a full size spare but I wish it had been an alloy on my Aygo Black.

Why would you want that??? It's not like you drive arounc on it that much...

For me a spare wheel is just that: spare... So get a puncture,

put it on, fix the puncture and put the "good" wheel back on.

Having NO spare wheel is getting more and more common too,

especially on "performance" cars, as it saves weight AND it allows

for a better structural design of the rear pan: havving a wheel recessed

in or a cradle underneath is not very good on frame stiffness I was told...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links