Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Anti-rust?

Twincam.GTi

So what do other members use to combat the corrosive elements of our damp British winter (and damp Summer for that matter :lol: ) on our vehicles.

Being the owner of 'older tin' I tend to use Waxoil - inject it inside chassis box sections and inside sills etc. plus a good coating on the underside of the floor pan and up inside suspension mounts.

In the past I've used old engine oil (drained from the sump of old 'classic' British Motorcycles :D ) brushed onto the underside with those cars whose undersealing process was virtually none existent (actually the undersealing of certain 60's and 70's vehicles was so badly applied that it used to actually 'harbour' dampness when it cracked so easily).

Other 'tricks' I’ve tried is spraying WD40 around certain body join seams - won't do any harm and may chase out dampness on weld joins.

Anyway over to you guys and gals with your 'magical techniques' or ideas.

Do you end up giving the car and chassis a wash first and letting it dry thoroughly before doing all of the above??

^

OH YES!

It's the sort of thing I do every Autumn (Sept/Oct), wheels off - on axle stands- thorough clean underneath and inside arches and suspension mounts - wheels back on etc. and then take for a run (when road is dry etc.) to totally dry everthing out and then following day wheels off - etc. etc. and do the 'application'.

Plus during winter keep car clean as best you can.

Then after winter (say March/April) do it all again for the damp :lol: summer we always have!

And so on every six months :rolleyes:

Cars still Rot at the end of the day but it does help prelong the enevitable - and keep the body going a little longer before having to attack it with the grinder and the welder :D

You use Waxoil on your car twice a year every year :eek:

Good grief man that is not necessary :wacko:

I used Waxoil on an old car over 25 years ago and the one treatment was good for over 15 years :yes:

SteveL Posted Dec 3 2008, 06:59 PM

...I used Waxoil on an old car over 25 years ago and the one treatment was good for over 15 years

Sorry sir ... ...but I find that very hard to believe :(

The RAC once explained in a 'test' that although it is good some areas will only last at best 4 years and 'high impact areas' will need periodic reaplication.

You say 25 year ago that a one treatment was good for over 15 year - am I to understand that the car was new when done and that you owned it for 15 year ? ... if so I would not class 15 years as old ...the sort of stuff I'm talking about trying to preserve and run through the winter now is from the 1980's,70's and 1960's.

Caldina_GTT Posted Dec 3 2008, 09:08 PM

ACF50 is pretty good if a little pricy

Ahh ... tell me more - I'm interested!

Caldina_GTT Posted Dec 3 2008, 09:08 PM

ACF50 is pretty good if a little pricy

Ahh ... tell me more - I'm interested!

Well below is the answer google just gave me........ I wonder if this stuff is any better than Waxoil or just a different name for it. So who has used it?

Active Thin Fluid Film chemistry penetrates corrosion deposits where it chemically emulsifies and displaces the electrolyte. This isolation process keeps the corrosion cell deactivated

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links