Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Remote Fuel Flap

dave5282

Hi guys,

I have the remote filler flap on my corolla, however geting it to open is a hit and miss affair, sometimes it will pop upen with a pull of the lever, sometimes it takes a lot of fiddling, swearing and can be a right nuisance when the petrol station is full!!!

Is there a way to adjust this?

Cheers

You'll find that the cable is stretched slightly after years of people hanging all their weight on it when grabbing the the lever like there's no tomorrow.

a quick fix is to undo the lever bracket mountinb bolts slightly and get someone to pu**** forward with all their might whilet you re-tighten the bolts, you can soak up about 1-1.5mm of play, that should be enough for a while, after that its time for a cable shortening exercise.... :(

You'll find that the cable is stretched slightly after years of people hanging all their weight on it when grabbing the the lever like there's no tomorrow.

a quick fix is to undo the lever bracket mountinb bolts slightly and get someone to pu**** forward with all their might whilet you re-tighten the bolts, you can soak up about 1-1.5mm of play, that should be enough for a while, after that its time for a cable shortening exercise.... :(

Is it just wound (steel) wire cable. Like a bike brake cable?

Yep, mine is a bit hit and miss too. It did seem to be getting better but on my last visit to the petrol station it took about 10 pulls to open :censor:

Tell me about it, I was on my own, so i pulled the cable, walked around to the pump no joy, so I repeated until I had formed tracks in the forcourt!!!

!Removed! embarrasing, and a pain in the butt, was also hit with the thought of prising it open with my key, so desperate was i for petrol stood in the sheeting rain GLAD I SAW SENSE and didnt

mine on my new t,sport was a pain in the *****,pullin like buggery tryin to get the thing open, the cure is simple,when u get it open on the fuel flap the is the latch that hits the pin slightly bend it in and it will cure it completly :thumbsup:

ok....dudes.....this is a regular problem.....the cable should be fine.....heres what to do......get flap open......get some Wd-40 and spray the hinge....work the hinge and then check the flaps spring (small and black thing) is there....they have been known to drop off

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links