Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fixed!

SMiFFAD

Some of you may have seen i complained of bad running this week. This came to a head on the way home tonight, a 110 mile journy that has never ever been a problem untill today!

Started out from work, the occational hickup on accelration, sometime getting quite juddery. Pulled into some services and she just died! Started ok and off we went again.....was fine in high revs, just the odd miss fire, next junction, died again, wouldnt start for ages :angry: next junction, same again, ring me dad " ring the rac" (git!) try starting her again, fires into life........ drive the last 15 miles not letting go under 3000K :unsure:

Go to move it across the drive into the barn, fires strieight up and rumbles across :angry: (git again)

Changed dizzy cap, rotor, plug and leads.......now a completely different car! :o much smoother and more responsive :thumbsup: only took about 20 mins to do in all as well, not bad for a first attempt (jimlad its well easy for tomorrow :lol: )

Now all i have to do is find out where all my oils hiding :crybaby:

Cheers for the advice am not halfway to a fully functioning car :thumbsup:

Good stuff .. the MR2's do go through electrics .. I recon it's due to an engine lid with loads of holes in it letting rain get in ..

Good stuff .. the MR2's do go through electrics .. I recon it's due to an engine lid with loads of holes in it letting rain get in ..

Certainly was today, was worst for hickuping when it belted down, dried out by the time i came to fit the new bits and fired streight up!

Just like the Golf.

Modified the grille slightly and had to move the bonnet forwards a tiny bit to make it shut properly. Big gaps there now that let water in, and that's when the problems started with mine. Sorted now though :)

Definately, the rain normally just pours in over the engine. More often than not, when its been raining, I get a slight fanbelt squeak, cause - water, it's not the tension on the belt, that's for sure!

Jimlad, just to update you:

I got the drivers side rubber seals fitted by Toyota 2 days ago and they sealed up the drivers mirror mount - its now got rid of the wind noise 80% - better than nowt.

Best of all, the whole job cost me £47-00!!!

Brill

Titto

Definately, the rain normally just pours in over the engine. More often than not, when its been raining, I get a slight fanbelt squeak, cause - water, it's not the tension on the belt, that's for sure!

Methinks I might have to invest in a cover for my new pride and joy!

Whether or not I'll actually be ubikd with pulling it on and off I don't know, but still...

Jimlad, just to update you:

I got the drivers side rubber seals fitted by Toyota 2 days ago and they sealed up the drivers mirror mount - its now got rid of the wind noise 80% - better than nowt.

Best of all, the whole job cost me £47-00!!!

Brill

Titto

what seals ??? Window/Tbar seals are alot more expensive than that.