Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Removing Steering Wheel

KPARRIS-JONES

Hi everyone,

After stripping out everything other than the top half of my dash, I realised that I had not removed the steering wheel which is a bit of a fag because there doesn'e appear to be any screws or bolts that I need to undo to remove it. :unsure: :( :angry:

I need to fit my boss kit and MOMO steering wheel after christmas so could anyone with any ideas on how to remove it please tell me them.

Help is appreciated as always,

KPARRIS-JONES

You dont say what shape/type corolla it is - for the '02 onwards shape you need to look at the sides of the bac of the steering wheel.

There you will find 2 holes with torx head screws just inside. Unscrew these, pullout and disconnect airbag (place down with Toyota emblem facing up)

You hould now be able to see the 19mm nut to remove the steering wheel.

If it is an older shape corolla im not too sure as dont have too many of these in at work sorry.

Mart

You dont say what shape/type corolla it is - for the '02 onwards shape you need to look at the sides of the bac of the steering wheel.

There you will find 2 holes with torx head screws just inside. Unscrew these, pullout and disconnect airbag (place down with Toyota emblem facing up)

You hould now be able to see the 19mm nut to remove the steering wheel.

If it is an older shape corolla im not too sure as dont have too many of these in at work sorry.

Mart

Sorry, shoulda specified. Its an early spec GTI-16. It doesn't have the revised interior.

Loose the nut a bit and wiggle/pull the wheel. After it is loose you can take the nut and wheel off.

If you take off the nut first and then pull the wheel it can go wrong. Believe me, that really hurts... :boxed:

Hi everyone,

After stripping out everything other than the top half of my dash, I realised that I had not removed the steering wheel which is a bit of a !Removed! because there doesn'e appear to be any screws or bolts that I need to undo to remove it. :unsure: :( :angry:

I need to fit my boss kit and MOMO steering wheel after christmas so could anyone with any ideas on how to remove it please tell me them.

KPARRIS-JONES

Behind the steering wheel are a couple of small phillips screws, remove these, this allows the horn push part of the wheel to come off and reveal the 19mm nut, remove this and wiggle gently, pull too hard and you'll be wearing the wheel on your face

Hi everyone,

After stripping out everything other than the top half of my dash, I realised that I had not removed the steering wheel which is a bit of a fag because there doesn'e appear to be any screws or bolts that I need to undo to remove it. :unsure: :( :angry:

KPARRIS-JONES

Behind the steering wheel are a couple of small phillips screws, remove these, this allows the horn push part of the wheel to come off and reveal the 19mm nut, remove this and wiggle gently, pull too hard and you'll be wearing the wheel on your face

:lol::lol::lol:

I'll bare that in mind!

Cheers

Hi again.

I'm still struggling to get the steering wheel off.

Even after loosening the nut and taking off all screws. No matter what I do or how much force I use, the damn thing won't budge even a micron! :censor: :ffs: :ffs:

I'm fresh out of ideas now. Do you have any?!?!

1) Pull the horn of the steering wheel

2) Take the big nut off

3) From behind smack the steering wheel HARD from the sides. It should now come off

(When hitting it from behind just put the nut loosly back on, so that when the steering wheels does come of it doesnt hit you in the face)

1) Pull the horn of the steering wheel

2) Take the big nut off

3) From behind smack the steering wheel HARD from the sides. It should now come off

(When hitting it from behind just put the nut loosly back on, so that when the steering wheels does come of it doesnt hit you in the face)

Thanks alot mate! Really needed that advice! :lol: