Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Free Petrol

SMW

So my local Supermarket has a policy displayed which states that if they charge you more for any product than they have advertised it for they will refund the amount that you paid and let you keep the product for the inconvenience.

So if you see a packet of biscuits and the shelf price is £1.20 and then when you pay it comes up as £1.40 they will refund you £1.40 and let you keep the biscuits (making them free). Nice.

And so to my point . . .

This place also sells fuel which they are currently selling unleaded for 75.9 pence per litre. But we can’t deal in less than 1 pence in the UK so if you buy 1 litre you will actually be charged 76 pence.

How ‘bout I go down there – put 60 litres in my car:

60 X £0.759 = £45.54

60 X £0.76 = £45.60

Pay for the fuel then – ‘’Hey you’ve over charged me by 6 pence’’ . . . . . .

Free fuel or am I missing something here ?

nah .. cause it does the calculation on the 75.9p X 60 and then rounds up ..

Tesco.

I'm still convinced it would work - I stopped the pump at 1 litre and it showed 76p. :wacko:

Tesco.

I'm still convinced it would work - I stopped the pump at 1 litre and it showed 76p. :wacko:

1) isn't the minimum delivery 5 litres?

2) if you stop the pump at 10 litres it should read £7.59

Tesco.

I'm still convinced it would work - I stopped the pump at 1 litre and it showed 76p.  :wacko:

1) isn't the minimum delivery 5 litres?

2) if you stop the pump at 10 litres it should read £7.59

Dunno what the min is but you can fill a can (I assume) and I wouldn't have thought that these hold 5 litres ?

I like your style :thumbsup:

But if you read the small print on the pumps, they'll have a statement saying minimum delivery of 4.5 litres or something, which will probably take to and even value.

I'm not gonna get any free petrol am I :lol:

Oh well got 45 packets of Kit Kat out of them 2 days ago !

Dunno what the min is but you can fill a can (I assume) and I wouldn't have thought that these hold 5 litres ?

The minimum amount is normally given somewhere on the display (often next to the 'litres' read-out).

A red jerry can was a gallon (4.5 litres) and is now normally 5 litres.

I'm not gonna get any free petrol am I 

I'm afraid that free petrol is like a free lunch :P

But how the heck did you get 45 KitKats??

plenty of petrol stations charge only 72.9 for unleaded, tell em this and they should give you a full tank for free! :thumbsup:

I'm not gonna get any free petrol am I :lol:

lol..

nice going !!

I work for Tescos and you actually get people who come in on purpose to try and do what you done ! Spot errors in prices etc.. then buy heaps of that item !

You get your money back and the item ! Not bad !!!

A few peeps who worked in the store noticed this with beer and told their freinds to come and and buy it... they got the beer and their money... but the peeps who informed them also got a big slap on the wrists !!

I hate Tescos... rip em off.. rip em off !

I like to concided myself as a master of getting free things :D

I use the company fuel cars at BP then rake in all the free Nectar points :lol:

Managed to get 5 Albums for free, got free P&O Ferry ticket and i also got a free leather jacket. :lol:

:arrgg-matey:

Have I missed something or are you on drugs Leeky??? I thought you now had an Evo??

:D There was a wee message in his previous signature... but he seems to change those as often as he changes his mind :lol:

so the car(s) in his sig aren't necessary what he currently owns... just what he is thinking of owning...

stop confusing us Leeky !!

Yeah bought 3 packs of Kit Kats and just happened to notice that the price was wrong (only about 6 p too much I think) went back and bought 45 packs and got them all free.

I hate Tescos... rip em off.. rip em off !

1. Non Tesco money off coupons will come off your bill even if you haven't bought the item.

2. Buy a TV (or other expensive item) then refund it - you get to keep the clubcard points.

:D

Sorry guys, only those of you who turned up to the Reading meet on wednesday will have any idea of my frame of mind at the moment. :lol:

Im having a problems with my insurance company following a claim before christmas and they are screwing me over so i cant afford to insure the EVO anymore and thus have since cancelled it.

I've been looking at other cars, in particular the Altezza but the insurance is too high on this and have decided to go for the IS200 because they are nice and cheap to insure. :thumbsup:

but even at the minimum deliver of say 5 litres ( which is the norm...some places go down to 2 litres) the price will still need to be rounded up..... so it's still costing you more than stated.

Tesco.

oh...one more thing...if you stopped the pump at 1 litre...and it showed 76p... I'd get the manager involved..then trading standards! Pumps calibration goes tro tenths of a penny. so 76p for a litre...is .1 too much...so the pumps calibration is out of wack...imagine all those .1's of a penny for every litre for every customer for every day...

Vipes.