Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Beautiful Ts Is Going For Sale :p

paalo

Hey guys,

There we go big time! My YTS is for sale eventually. Will go for an altogether different Car... :P

So here it goes:

*YTS 1.5 RED

*2003/52 reg

*95K+ miles

*No Prev Owners

*Full Toyota service history

*New complete exhaust replaced 04/08 (700quid invoiced)

*MOT 04/09

*Taxed till 06/09

*A perfect car! Fill it wiv petrol and it will just go :P

*A couple of dents on the car sides

*Front bumper needs repainting due to motorway chipping, thats it!

*A great private sale, I'd like to sell it for GBP3500 ono.

Car is in Edinburgh!

Pics will follow soon! Any expressions of interest pls send a message.

Thanks

P

That is extreeeeeeme Motorway chipping! What did you do, Glue yourself to the back of an Lorry????

Looks nice otherwise though, Good luck with the sale fella.

hehe!

Actually it's a funny thing as this paint chipping started v gradually and got worse evertytime i was taking the car for a wash :P

Howevr I never heard of a similar problem to another YTS!

more pics in here too

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...E:L:LCA:GB:1123

It looks like someone has steam cleaned it at point blank range!

I think you will find it easier to sell if you get the bumper painted as most people will be put off by that as it looks terrible.

• 2 weeks later...
It looks like someone has steam cleaned it at point blank range!

I think you will find it easier to sell if you get the bumper painted as most people will be put off by that as it looks terrible.

I know!! Anyone can suggest a body workshop around? How much should I expect to repaint the front bumper?

ta

From my years of working within the motortrade, i'd say that the front bumper has been sprayed before.

most likely had the usuall stone chips blown over.

i agree with the others you'll sell it easier if you get it painted.

And i'm nosey what you replacing it with :rolleyes:

I not in the market for a vehicle, but i would agree that front wants painting, if i saw that on a forecourt, i would think the owner had given that a thrashing and walk right past it.

From my years of working within the motortrade, i'd say that the front bumper has been sprayed before.

most likely had the usuall stone chips blown over.

i agree with the others you'll sell it easier if you get it painted.

And i'm nosey what you replacing it with :rolleyes:

Kimi, the front bumper has never been sprayed before. The chipping started in a v subtle way and got worse with time. It's plastic! In some ways the paint became loose and started to chip off from it. But the body paint is immaculate that's why i was never concerned about the front bumper chipping becuase it sldnt be a big issue to repaint it: the bumber itself is sound.

About my next car... well. These are the 2 final cars in my wish list

Alfa Romeo Brera 2.2 JTS

or

A3 2.0TDI QUATTRO

:P

The body work is nice and a nice colour but you can't sell it with the bumper in that state. And with over 94k on it, no chance are you getting £3,500 for it. They're going for cheaper on pistonheads with far less mileage.

The body work is nice and a nice colour but you can't sell it with the bumper in that state. And with over 94k on it, no chance are you getting £3,500 for it. They're going for cheaper on pistonheads with far less mileage.

I don't think the higher mileage on a YTS is an issue to the car value as the YTS it's an exceptionally well built car. Both ALFA and AUDi dealers couldn't believe that my car has this mileage after they inspected and road tested it (ALFA even twice). Infact they were happy to give me the top end value of the car as trade in. The car has been very much looked after with full T service history. Honest, it's a reluctant sale because my car has never ever let me down. Amazingly even the petrol consumption stayed the same as it still takes the same first top notch from the full tank when i drive to work, since 2003. The front bumper that has so much drawn your attention guys although I understand that the look counts when you sale the car however it's a alltogether 100 quid job! I'm saying if you buy a second hand car then you sld also be prepared to make some minor fixes and you wld decide what to do on the car (for example the car has few light scratched on the rear bumper and the odd small dents on the side). Finally the asking price is on a ONO. From the interest that my car has attracted in eBay i'm happy to say that the price i'm asking is pretty much right. When you buy a new great car like the YTS and you look after it in the right way you make an investment and the selling moment sld reflect it.

I'll keep you posted as everything is just happening... :P