Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

More Problems

Aimee

so... 10months on and 11k miles later, im due my first intermitent service... booked in for last Monday at a local Toyota dealer for £97. Upon booking, i asked for a courtesy car, as i depend heavily on a car due to where i live. I also asked to replace the boot seals for a second time as it was still leaking, to investigate why my car is damp-starting & also to tighten the passenger seat as it squeaks.

8:30am on Monday, i was told i couldnt have a courtesy car as i am not yet 21, and therefore not covered on their policy... however i had a courtesy car last time my car went to get the boot repaired? So, after endless phonecalls i managed to get one of my friends to take me shopping as i had intended. the guy at toyota said the car would only be an hour or so, which i thought was fair enough.

THREE hours later i get a phone call to tell me i need two new front tyres, as the inside had worn... wtf? and that they was £104 for replacement BUDGETS (to which, i kindly told them where to go). I was then called an hour later to collect the car in 20minutes or so after they had washed it.

I got to toyota to find my car still filthy, which i found odd. Not only this, my car STILL has trouble starting if its been raining/cold, the boot still leaks slightly and the passenger seat has not been touched.

Further more, I asked my sister (a service advisor for hyundai) how much she'd have charged a normal customer for the same service. £47. £10 for oil/screen wash etc, the rest for labour. As this was only a 10k service, no parts were needed to be changed, so i worked out i paid over £80 in labour ALONE. Looking at the state of my car, it appears the mechanics at toyota have sat on their backsides for the four hours my car was there.

Highly not impressed, a letter has been written & sent to my local toyota dealership to tell them what i think of their customer service, and to inform them that i wont be going back there again.

Oh that is not good..........

I think that you may be doing the right thing by changing dealers.

Do you have an alternative dealership within easy reach?

Aygos do seem to eat their front tyres, especially if you are into "spirited" driving but you should shop around for replacements............some of the nationaly known tyre companies should be able to beat the Toyota prices.

Whenever I take my Yaris for its servicing it usually comes back "washed"......................but not to my standards....In fact it is usually dirtier after the "wash" than it was before I took it in.

I have asked them not to bother with the courtesy wash these days.

Sounds bad - don't forget to mention in your letter that you will be discussing their service on the toyota forum website.

Good luck with finding a better dealer, mine is on their second chance to find the leaks and give me this fabled Toyota level of customer service.

The first time I returned my Aygo with a leak I was shocked at how disorganized things were, the courtesy car wasn't available when I got to the dealer because the service manager was using it and didn't get into work until 30 mins after they opened. Then when I did get in the car the low fuel warning was flashing, so with finding a petrol station and the extra 30 mins of hanging around for the car I was late to work.

I've still got the new owners survey to fill in and it's not going to be a glowing report.

so... 10months on and 11k miles later, im due my first intermitent service... booked in for last Monday at a local Toyota dealer for £97. Upon booking, i asked for a courtesy car, as i depend heavily on a car due to where i live. I also asked to replace the boot seals for a second time as it was still leaking, to investigate why my car is damp-starting & also to tighten the passenger seat as it squeaks.

8:30am on Monday, i was told i couldnt have a courtesy car as i am not yet 21, and therefore not covered on their policy... however i had a courtesy car last time my car went to get the boot repaired? So, after endless phonecalls i managed to get one of my friends to take me shopping as i had intended. the guy at toyota said the car would only be an hour or so, which i thought was fair enough.

THREE hours later i get a phone call to tell me i need two new front tyres, as the inside had worn... wtf? and that they was £104 for replacement BUDGETS (to which, i kindly told them where to go). I was then called an hour later to collect the car in 20minutes or so after they had washed it.

I got to toyota to find my car still filthy, which i found odd. Not only this, my car STILL has trouble starting if its been raining/cold, the boot still leaks slightly and the passenger seat has not been touched.

Further more, I asked my sister (a service advisor for hyundai) how much she'd have charged a normal customer for the same service. £47. £10 for oil/screen wash etc, the rest for labour. As this was only a 10k service, no parts were needed to be changed, so i worked out i paid over £80 in labour ALONE. Looking at the state of my car, it appears the mechanics at toyota have sat on their backsides for the four hours my car was there.

Highly not impressed, a letter has been written & sent to my local toyota dealership to tell them what i think of their customer service, and to inform them that i wont be going back there again.

You cant really compare different manufacturer service charges with each other. I also dont think you would get oil/screen wash for £10 either.

We charge nearly £7 per litre of oil, then you have your screen wash/sump plug gasket/oil filter and disposal of oil costs. The hourly rate here is over £80 per hour and an Aygo 10k service is booked at 0.4 hours i think so the labour after vat is around £40 so £97 doesnt sound too bad to me.

Common for Aygo tyres to wear as said above.

I doubt the mechanics would have been sat on their ubiks for 4 hours as they will have other jobs to do.

Obviously them not washing the car in time and courtesy car mix up is their fault, also not mentioning any remedy/rectification for the poor starting isnt good.

Usually with creaking Aygo seats they require a new seat frame fitting.

Mart :)

upon hoovering the car today... the passenger seat frame has just been CAKED in grease... which hasnt even touched the squeeking noise... no new frame for me! the boot too has been caked in grease, which was obviously a quick fix for my leak.

i can pick up tyres dirt cheap as my friend gets them at trade for me, so thats not an issue. Im sure i could get screen wash & oil for around the £10 mark.

Red Yaris - if they had washed my car, they mustve took it for a spin afterwards as the back was still covered in spray from the roads :(

upon hoovering the car today... the passenger seat frame has just been CAKED in grease... which hasnt even touched the squeeking noise... no new frame for me! the boot too has been caked in grease, which was obviously a quick fix for my leak.

i can pick up tyres dirt cheap as my friend gets them at trade for me, so thats not an issue. Im sure i could get screen wash & oil for around the £10 mark.

Red Yaris - if they had washed my car, they mustve took it for a spin afterwards as the back was still covered in spray from the roads :(

You most probably could but it wouldnt be from a main dealer and for that price i wouldnt put it in a engine! lol

I wouldnt even bother trying to grease a seat frame - it never lasts long if the noise goes away. Easier to just fit a new frame if still in warranty :)

Mart.

10k service and I need 2 new front tyres too!

My BMW Dealer Mechanic is having it monday night to fit two new tyres and check the alignment!

I put it down to having mounted the kerb back in April and killing a tyre.

But now seeing yours has done it after 10k I wonder if they have there settings wrong!

i dont drive irratically :S i speed up to 70-80mph on the motorway, so god knows how they have worn :(

it should be under warrenty, and being this the second time the car has been in to have the seat looked at, you think they'd do something about it!

next time im buying a honda :|

Front tyres only lasting 11k .. something has got to be wrong there if a set of Econo tyres (hardly the softest in the world) only last that long on such a light car. My wifes granma's car had a front Michelin on for 30 000 miles before it had to be replaced. My own replacement Yokohama's, not reknowned for longevity, have done 9k and have plenty left.

Swap to a different brand.

Regards

Andy

I hear michelins last way longer. I swapped with Toyo (but also different sizes) and have done about 4000 miles. They don't seem to be warn at all.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links