Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dvd+gps+tv+bt+ipod+radio For Corolla & Auris

kungcoccos

Auris have different radio.

What is the auris radio modell number? I can check the modell number of my oem player. Its my humble guess that it is same player and it works like a charm on auris.

Attaching points were same on my player than pictures here in auris forum where someone put kenwood dvd-player. 4x10mm bolts and it was exactly the same on auris pictures. Someone find auris oem player and put the modell number here. I can check mine tomorrow.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Speed_Chaser

• Andz

• mountain_mania

• Ael

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

if it is for corolla so the angels at the between the corners are bit diffrent, i sow this when we tryied to install the corolla GPS kit on an Auris.

Im thinking of buying from autodvdgps.com. However, I dont remember if it was in this thread or in another, but someone asked how to remove the radio. I found a manual how to do this. Look at this page (page 5):

http://www.clarion.com/cip/bracketmanual/BKX1300_06.pdf

But the first thing to solve is _if_ the corolla radio is the same. It seems to be different opinions about this?

B.R

/C

Im thinking of buying from autodvdgps.com. However, I dont remember if it was in this thread or in another, but someone asked how to remove the radio. I found a manual how to do this. Look at this page (page 5):

You can find the removing instruction also on this forum, just click here and scroll down little bit!

Best regards, Alex

Mounting bracket is same as mine. 4x10mm bolts to the dash. And 8 little screws to install mounting bracket to player. And it fit like a shoe to China player. No modified needed.

I just sent a message to the local Toyota dealer and now I'm waiting for their confirmation... It's so hard to get them on the phone - the guy in charge with parts & accessories is always busy - can't get him on the phone... you can only talk to him if you go there in person.

I delayed my payment for autodvdgps.com until I can find if its fits or not...

i don't know what it's dimensions, sorry

No problem, thanks a lot anyway, you could have saved me (and other Auris people) quite some bucks! I'm still waiting for an official reply from my toyota dealer - I asked them if the Corolla 2007 and Auris 2007 radio-cd units are interchangeable or not. Will keep u updated as well once they let me know!

I think you can compare the size of your original CD player in your car with the car DVD sold on autodvdgps.com

Will do that but I don't thing it's a matter of size, but of the mounting brackets / plastic angels positioning :unsure:

The one in the link won't fit Auris by the way.

why u so sure ?

Because it's for Corolla(sedan). Auris unit has different angles and dimensions compared to Corolla unit. People tried that many times and it won't fit, there are couple of threads about it in here.

I think you can compare the size of your original CD player in your car with the car DVD sold on autodvdgps.com

Will do that but I don't thing it's a matter of size, but of the mounting brackets / plastic angels positioning :unsure:

It's a matter of size actually, different dimensions and face angles.

The one in the link won't fit Auris by the way.

why u so sure ?

Because it's for Corolla(sedan). Auris unit has different angles and dimensions compared to Corolla unit. People tried that many times and it won't fit, there are couple of threads about it in here.

It's a matter of size actually, different dimensions and face angles.

OK, now I get it... The only pics my dealer sent are for the original navi system used for Auris (parts numbers and codes)...

I have attached another picture of the OEM for Auris navi system received from my dealer - product ID no. and maker's name.

post-47865-1228917153_thumb.jpg

post-47865-1228918220_thumb.jpg

OK, the dealer sent me the codes for both Auris and Corolla... I attached them, for what it's worth.

Although the part numbers are the same (86120-12B20) for both, what differs is the Catalog Code (can be found on the upper left corner of the pics, under the VIN no.)... So, Auris has 166510 vs. Corolla's 162510. He also told me there's a "theoretical possibility the two parts could match", but I know they didn't handle those aftermarket head units like the people in this forum did.

So, I guess we'll have to wait for manufacturers to come up with a head unit made for Auris... I'm a little disappointed.

post-47865-1228919462_thumb.jpg

post-47865-1228919481_thumb.jpg

Here i attach a file with size in mm of my car audio system (original) and the one from autodvdgps.com. I think everything is totally wrong :huh: We have to wait for something that is made for Auris exactly not for Corolla :unsure:

post-68028-1228933524_thumb.jpg

Congratulations!

Autodvdgps.com released the car DVD for Auris just now. Here is the link:Car DVD player with built-in GPS navigation and 6.2" LCD touchscreen for Toyota Auris + TV Radio tuner + bluetooth + special frame

ToyotaAurisFrame.JPG

Oh, I see :) but it doesn't look as nice as the one for Corolla... the Corolla model looks like it was made from the factory, while this one seems one made up in a hurry... and the screen is just 6.2" vs. 7".

I think I'll wait until they release the right-looking model.