Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Condensation

auggie T

Hi,

Anyone get very bad condensation during the cold weather. I mean really bad. Forming droplets of water on the rear windscreen. Takes quite a while to demist. Heater and blower are working fine and there is no damp or leaks to be found in the car. Any suggestions as to what the probelm might be. Someone suggested that it might be to do with the pollen filter. Please help!

Hi,

Anyone get very bad condensation during the cold weather. I mean really bad. Forming droplets of water on the rear windscreen. Takes quite a while to demist. Heater and blower are working fine and there is no damp or leaks to be found in the car. Any suggestions as to what the probelm might be. Someone suggested that it might be to do with the pollen filter. Please help!

Hi and welcome to toc

Check all your windows are up properly and rubbers are in good condition how old is the car the rubbers could be warn letting in damp. Another common problem to condensation is a dirty windows inside try giving it a clean if all else fails try some of this http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/...tegoryId_165470

Hope this helps daz :thumbsup:

I too have bad condensation. Was advised only this morning to run the air-con on hot/ re-circulated, as the air con will dry the air by removing the moisture. I'm going to try it on my way home tonight. My car was frozen inside last night.....nightmare!

Iain

Hi,

The Avensis has a nasty habit of leaking water into the boot area (depending on year/model) and is not always apparent. Check under the boot carpet in the tool well at the drivers side and it's opposite number on the passenger side as these can fill with water. There are quite a few posts on the subject for you to browse if you find water in there.

Hopefully you won't find any but I wouldn't be too sure.

Hi,

Hi I bought my 2004 model on Saturday. Last night we went out and left the car for a few hours. When we got back to the car it had frozen. The inside of the rear window was totally iced over. We have the car on recyled air and tend not to use the air-con. I checked the car thios morning and the outside was frozen but the inside was clear!!

most of the excessive condensation problems stem from -body work leaking in.

putting the air-con on is probably the best (cure) as such.

i tried the halford product on the wifes Rover,and she thought it made thing worse,

I had a similar problem a few years back and it urned ot to be water in the boot area coming from around the rear light clusters.

When I sorted out the water ngress the condensatin problem soon stopped.

I had a similar problem a few years back and it urned ot to be water in the boot area coming from around the rear light clusters.

Can I ask what did you do to sort out the water ingress problem? I have got the same problem since the Toyota dealer did a major body repair. Suffice to say they do not have a clue about where the leak is coming from.

Thanks

Can I ask what did you do to sort out the water ingress problem? I have got the same problem since the Toyota dealer did a major body repair. Suffice to say they do not have a clue about where the leak is coming from.

Thanks

A common place for the water ingress (on the hatchback anyway) if from the roof gutter seams. Where the roof gutters enter the hatchback opening, under the black plastic trims, the roof joins to the vehicle side panels. This joint leaks at the last couple of centimetres and water runs down the inside of the panels (behind the trims) and into the boot, filling up the toolwell and the opposite corner. If these get full enough, it spills over into the spare wheel well.

If you search the forum for 'water leak boot' I am sure you will find more on the subject.

I had this for a while last year. Checked the boot. Checked the spare wheel void. Checked all kinds of things. Then I noticed that the rear window next to my lads car seat was open a crack - and I'm talking a milimetre at most. Little bugger had been playing with the window. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the replies to the condensation problem but i think I may have solved it myself. Took out the air conditioning filter today which is located behind the glove box of my 2004 Avensis T3-S. Was clogged with dirt and dust and small leaves. Cleaned it out and replaced. Hopefully this will help but I have ordered a replacement at a local car parts shop. Will keep you posted on the situation.

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the replies to the condensation problem but i think I may have solved it myself. Took out the air conditioning filter today which is located behind the glove box of my 2004 Avensis T3-S. Was clogged with dirt and dust and small leaves. Cleaned it out and replaced. Hopefully this will help but I have ordered a replacement at a local car parts shop. Will keep you posted on the situation.

hello

yes it is the best cure.

i have the same minor condensation each cold morning especially when the outside temp is +1C or less. But I normally switch ON wire heater with good result + air heatiing. Small condensation plates still available just in joining places with body.

cheers/Igor

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links