Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help With Front Mount!

bates374

right guys i have a st205, and at present im getting a front mount intercooler,

now i know that the turbo is water cooled from the standard top mount, but now thats redundant and being removed whats going to cool my turbo??

do i need to get a kit or something? or will it be fine without it?

if anyone has had a frontmount and knows the score and can give me any help it will be massively appreciated,

cheers guys :huh:

the turbo is not connected to the same water system as the charge cooler so it wont make a differance.

infact, is the standard turbo even water cooled? been that long since i've seen one now.

stock turbo is water cooled yes, but runs in the same system as your main radiator, not the charge cooler.

FMIC is a bit fiddly but well worth it, the picture above isn't ideal but gives you an idea. Preferably clock the turbo so the compressor housing points down then run the 'cold' pipe from the passenger side and into the intake manifold. tryto avoid running it above the exhaust manifold as above...

hth

stock turbo is water cooled yes, but runs in the same system as your main radiator, not the charge cooler.

FMIC is a bit fiddly but well worth it, the picture above isn't ideal but gives you an idea. Preferably clock the turbo so the compressor housing points down then run the 'cold' pipe from the passenger side and into the intake manifold. tryto avoid running it above the exhaust manifold as above...

hth

yea the bloke thats doin it has routed it really well, doesnt go anywhere near the manifold an it looks the mutts nuts, jus waiting for a few hoses to be made an delivered an shes back on the road, :drool:

so if the turbos cooled through the main radiator what does the top mount do?? i took the top mount off when i swapped manifolds to a tubular, and there were two small pipes that fed the red oil/water??? to the turbo! i dunno if im worryin over nothing but the last thing i want is my turbo packin up because thats the last thing i want to be coughing up for!

cc uses its own supply of coolant which is still flowing through the system , it basically sits in the cc long enough to bring it down 2 or 3 degrees before entering the system. an extra radiator so to speak to deal with spikes in temps.

think your getting a bit confused :P

The turbo itself is cooled by the main radiator, the air that the turbo forces into the engine is cooled by the CC :)

Which tubular manifold you got? please dont say the cheap ones seen on eBay :S

think your getting a bit confused :P

The turbo itself is cooled by the main radiator, the air that the turbo forces into the engine is cooled by the CC :)

Which tubular manifold you got? please dont say the cheap ones seen on ebay :S

ahhh right!! i get you now, sweet im happy i understand it a bit more, god no, i was looking at them but the bloke whos doin my car said he needed to know the pressure it could take so i coughed up 500 large ones for the aussie manifold and it looks sweet as!! just gotta get a few more power mods and a couple handling ones and shes about there!

cheers for your help tho guys, massively appreciated, :thumbsup: